REVOLOUTINARY

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Trapped.

Braelyn.
    Braelyn.

Trapped. Empty Trapped.

Post by Braelyn. Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:08 am

Trapped

Trapped. Trapped
    'the potential you'll be, that'll you'll never see'
    Braelyn.
    Braelyn.

Trapped. Empty Re: Trapped.

Post by Braelyn. Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:09 am

Prolouge

The alarm clock goes off signaling 5:45 am, a typical Tuesday morning. I cringe from the sound, one of the few sounds I can always hear no matter where I am, the sound that causes me to get Goosebumps along my arms. I reached over, turning it off as I pull the cover tighter around my body. It hurts from last night, when Ace accidentally pushed me against the wall when he saw that my old friend Davis had been emailing me. My back cracks, and a sudden pain shoots up my spine, probably from when Ace punched me a little too hard for telling him Davis and I were just friends. I cowered underneath the covers wishing I didn’t have to anymore.
    I was hurt and tired with no desires to start another day. When I was little I always dreamed of my boyfriends, all of them would buy me dark chocolate and shower me with flowers; not dark bruises and crushed hopes. I forced myself to sit up in my tiny room, the walls feeling like they were closing in around me. The picture on the wall of Ace and I kissing was another way torment me, to drag my feelings out for everyone to see. I stood up, barely able to feel my numb legs. There on the wall was me a few months after I’d started dating Ace, there on the wall was a happy me before I felt trapped.

Braelyn.
    Braelyn.

Post by Braelyn. Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:10 am

Chapters;

Chapter One: Then there were two.

Chapter Two; Monday Morning & Just the Beginning

Chapter Three; You want to get out of Here?

Last edited by Braelyn. on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Braelyn.
    Braelyn.

Post by Braelyn. Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:12 am

Chapter One; Then there were two.

The soft screech of tennis shoes on the gym floor traveled through the shut doors followed by the dribble of a basketball. Suddenly, the crowd of excited high school students let out a roar of approval as I pulled my jacket tighter around me. Every time I let out a deep breath, my hot air created a misty cloud in the black sky. I tried to recall what I could’ve possibly done to make them all hate me. Gritting my teeth, I gathered my long slightly ratty long hair into a messy ponytail, trying to take my mind off of it.
    But truth be told, I couldn’t get past their accusing stares and bitchy comments even if I tried. Nothing I ever did was right for them, nothing. I felt my heart speeding up and hot tears gathering in my eyes once again. I tried to wipe them away before there was evidence. Closing my eyes, I pulled my knees to my chest, humming a familiar tune.
    The people you’ve been before,
    That you don’t want around anymore.
    Or that push and shove and won’t bend to your will
    I’ll keep them still
    “You okay?” My eyes opened immediately and I blushed embarrassed, hiding my face.
    “Fine,” I replied, choking on my own words, tears threatening to spill.
    “You don’t sound fine,” Suddenly, the figure slid down the wall next to me, the whites of his eyes boring into me. He was shady, I’d admit that. His jeans were too tight, and a very dark shade of blue. His face was covered by a black hood so the only thing visible was part of his face where a wicked smile put a spell on me.
    “It’s just a song,” I replied automatically, “I was humming a song.”
    “I know,” He reached into the pocket of his too tight jeans as I stared. “Drink up baby, stay up all night.” He pulled a cigarette out of his jeans followed by a cheap plastic lighter. “You want one.” He said it as a statement rather than a questioned as I watched him precariously.
    “I don’t smoke.” I retorted as I shook my head. “You know that song?”
    “Possibly,” He stared forward, “But what I don’t know is your name.”
    “Harla,” I stuttered, swallowing.
    “That’s unique.” He noted, sticking the cigarette in his mouth and lifting the lighter.
    “What about your name?” He chuckled, inhaling a deep breath before letting it out of the side of his mouth.
    “Ace,” He mumbled, as I strained to hear it.
    “Catchy.” I teased, letting out a deep sigh. “Did you get banished from the basketball game too?”
    “Not quite, I wasn’t here for the game.” Ace spoke, the cigarette never leaving his lips.
    “Oh,” I stared back, unable to find something to say in reply. We sat in silence as I stared into the night sky, the cold air biting at my cheeks as the wind howled. It loosened pieces of my hair, causing them to hit me in the face.
    “You don’t say much.” Ace turned to look at me the same moment I turned to gaze at him, “I like that.”
    “Hah,” I rolled my eyes, resuming my previous stance, “Most guys do.” It was silent for a second more, before the smell of smoke suddenly filled my nostrils and I grimaced. “But, can you do me a favor?”
    “Sure,” He answered, inhaling another deep breathe.
    “Could you put that damn thing out?” My first conversation with Ace Reeds had been far from a romantic one, but I couldn’t help but let him invade my mind.

Braelyn.
    Braelyn.

Post by Braelyn. Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:12 am

Chapter Two; Monday Morning & It was Just the Beginning

The truth is, once you’ve set your eyes on any guy, it’s no surprise to discover they’re all you can think about. Even for me. As I woke up Monday morning I was creepishly happy to go back to school. Normally, I lived for the weekend, enjoying every second of freedom. It was the one time where I was allowed to forget that everyone hated me at school for no reason other than my existence and as result it was the only time I ever felt worth living. But, on this strangely bright Monday morning, I couldn’t wait to get to school.
    I rushed through my morning routine, dressing simply in a pair of boot-cut jeans with a faded green T-shirt that brought the color out of my green eyes making me seem more alive. I even bothered to try to shape my hair into an impressive half-up do that gave my face a bit of definition. I intended to find Ace, the one kid who could bother to talk to me, and I intended to at least befriend him. When I skipped down the stairs, my mother looked up from her coffee smiling. “Harla, well don’t you look happy.” Her face was incredulous as I poured myself a bowl of Reese’s Pieces Breakfast Cereal. As I opened the refrigerator to grab the milk, I shrugged. I didn’t intend to tell her about Ace in case I didn’t find him today. She only got to know him if we actually became friends.
    The reasoning for this is simple. Despite the fact that ‘friends’ have hurt me in the past, the betrayal always scarred my mother far worse than myself. At this point in time, I was used to the scorn and contempt that seemed to follow me, while my ex-cheerleader mother couldn’t understand where she’d gone wrong. It was only natural to blame herself despite the cliché-ness of the entire situation. Grinning, I quickly scarfed down my cereal and rushed to leave.
    When I finally arrived at school, people ignored me; today was going to be a good day. As I walked down the halls, I eavesdropped on other people’s conversations. Apparently star basketball player Mikey Lee had gotten got with alcohol by the cops, and Jenna McWhorter and Andy Dean has broken up. It was the usual chatter I picked up on in the hallways because no one bothered to actually tell me. Finally reaching my locker, I opened it, finding it relieving that it was free of any pranks. I shoved my first and second period text books into my back and preoccupied myself. After all, the morning bell wouldn’t ring for another twelve minutes and I had no one to talk to.
    Yawning, I applied ChapStick, eating up time. And then the sight of a hooded head caught my eye along with a pair of too-tight skinny jeans. But, this time they were black instead of blue. Smiling, I quickly shut my locker, rushing to reach him. Until the thought occurred that maybe he’d forgotten me. Maybe he’d never actually talked to me. Maybe I’d just made it all up in my head. Honestly, no one even bothered to talk to me, why would this kid?
    But it was too late; I was already walking next to him. When he finally looked up, he smirked, pushing the hood back from his face to reveal dirty blonde hair that seemed oddly out of place with his dark color tone wardrobe, and a pair of large blue eyes that were surrounded by long lashes. He resembled a child in a way, probably from the wide innocent look his eyes portrayed. “Harla.” His voice was raspier than I remembered as he said my name, but still softer.
    “Ace, is it?” I tried to play cool, but the overall affect fail and he laughed under his breath good-naturedly.
    “I would think a girl like you would have a better memory.” He offered, the faint scent of cigarette smoke trailing from his presence.
    “I was just…” I faltered, shoving my hands in my pocket. “So the rest of your weekend? Do anything interesting?”
    “I just took defused a nuclear bomb and stopped a second Cold War before eventually taking over Russia. You know the normal teenager stuff.” I frowned, not expecting his humorous but completely idiotic remark. It was as if he was trying to make conversation hard.
    “That’s nice?” I questioned myself even as I said it, wondering what the appropriate response was.
    “Isn’t it always?” Ace sighed.
    “Sure, if you’re six.” I teased, letting the words slip before I could double-check them for any stupidity. Ace laughed.
    “Isn’t life always nice when the only thing that matters is if your mom packed Oreos in your lunchbox?” Ace agreed.
    “Or if she remembered to cut a shape in your PB&J!” I added excitedly, thrilled to not have messed it up.
    “Exactly, none of this high school bullshit.” Ace looked around as the crowds of chattering kids around us, annoyed. “That’s the thing about people like us. We don’t care who they go out with, or how cool they are, or even was kind of car they drive. We’re concerned with ourselves, and they don’t like us because of it.”
    “You could say that.” I looked around at their faces, knowing the sad truth. I did care who was dating, I did care who was popular, and even worse, I loved to know what car certain kids had. I found the whole thing fascinating, not overrated. But Ace had very different ideas, and I wasn’t sure I was ready to share my own opinions yet.
    “Well, you shouldn’t worry about them Harla, they don’t know what they’re missing. From what I’ve experienced so far, you aren’t too shabby.” Ace grinned, sliding his backpack over his shoulder as the warning bell rang.
    “Same goes.” I mumbled before he retreated. As he glided away, I watched him. I felt slightly creepy as I trailed him down the hallway, but it was the weird effect he had on me. “Same goes? Same goes.” I muttered, I couldn’t believe that’s all I had managed. I was definitely disappointed in myself. If I intended to make this work, I had to pull myself together.

Braelyn.
    Braelyn.

Post by Braelyn. Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:13 am

Chapter Three; You want to get out of here?

As I reached my usual lunch spot, I was disappointed. I hadn’t seen Ace since the morning. Frowning, I leaned against the old Oak tree. Not even the drama of the 5th period fight couldn’t distract my mind. Instead, I was forced to sit in the shade and question every sing world I’d let slip from my lips. Though they had been limited, they must have been very impactful if he’d chosen not to speak to me again. Disappointed, I reached into my crumpled lunch bug, pulling out a strawberry Nutrigrain Bar and taking a satisfying bite. If Ace didn’t intend to spend lunch with me, then I intended to spend some good old fashioned time my favorite snack.
    Looking around, I noticed a familiar figure leaning against the old stone wall, guitar in hand. I decided to go survey the situation realizing that Ace was not going to magically show up. Throwing my beaten back-pack over my shoulder, I pursued after the crowd. It was growing larger slowly, but with definite impact. It was even drawing stares from the popular kids who shared the lunch tables by the stone fountain. Curious, I shoved through the mass of interested bodies, following the perfect tune. When I finally reached the front of the crowd, it was none other than Ace. He was sitting comfortably on the stone, leg crossed like and Indian, strumming his guitar. His face was shaded by his dark Ray Bans as he strummed quickly. The tune was catchy, but nothing I’d ever heard before. Smiling, I let the music fill me up causing me to sway slightly along with the movement of the mass bodies. It was often we enjoyed a mid-lunch jam session.
    When Ace came to an end, he looked up and despite the fact that dark glasses covered his eyes; I could just tell he was looking at me. Blushing, I looked away. I wasn’t quite sure whether I should stay or slowly evaporate with the rest of the crowd. “Harla,” When he said my name, my feet were stuck in place, leaving me no option but to continue forward.
    “You’re good.” As soon as the words slipped, I figured it was just as bad as my previous ‘same goes’ blunder. “I mean that in a completely awesome, totally amazing way.”
    “Don’t be flustered, I’m not famous yet.” Ace teased, pulling his guitar over his head and patting the empty wall space next to him. Quickly, I rushed to the spot, plopping down excitedly.
    “It’s not often I’m in the presence of someone who’s going to be famous.” I mumbled, picking at my cuticles to distract myself.
    “It’s not often I’m in the presence of a flustered fangirl.” He retorted, smirking as he unfolded his legs. They splayed out in front of us, long and skinny. It’s not often I noticed a guys legs, but really the longer I stared, the longer and weirdly perfect they seemed. What can I say? I was completely transfixed by his being. “So, tell me honestly, what did you think?”
    I shrugged, unwilling to break the silence. I didn’t know a lot about music other than I knew when I enjoyed it, when I didn’t, and when the tune was off. “I see we’re back to the silent type.” Ace noted, placing his scratched dark green guitar pick in his mouth.
    “No, I just don’t know a lot about music.” I admitted, glancing over at him shyly.
    “No biggie, I’m always here to teach you.” It was a direct offer there for me to take. It was a way for us to hang out. It was the sign I’d been praying for.
    “That sounds like a plan.” He agreed, turning his eyes to focus on me. I blushed the longer he gazed at me, staring undisturbed as something unspoken passed between us. It was a connection I’d never experienced before and it was entrancing. The breeze caught up, blowing my hair once again, but when I reached up to move the dark piece of hair that had fallen to my eyes, I was too late. Ace was already tucking the hair behind my ears wetly. I tried to hide my smile, casting my eyes away from him. The silent moment was broken by the loud ring of the bell. It was impossible to think our short time together was already over. I sat on the ground, knowing our time together was up. Just like this morning, he’d disappear until some antic brought him back to my attention, leaving me utterly lost all over again.
    “You want to get out of here?” Ace finally spoke, smiling at me kindly as he reached for his guitar. I nodded in agreement hastily, jumping to my feet.
    “You have no idea how bad I want out of here.” I informed him giddily. There was an air of excitement capturing up, luring me into doing things I’d never intended to do before. And I could only wonder what we’d do when we got out of there.

IZZY
    IZZY

Post by IZZY Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:24 pm

this
    is amzing
    rainbowheart
    Braelyn.
    Braelyn.

Post by Braelyn. Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:45 am

thanks!
    ah it's much harder to get people to ready writing on here for some reason Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 pm