REVOLOUTINARY

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
tibby
Selina
Zoe
claire
DJ-GotUsFallin'InLove
sb
amber-
11 posters

Dream About Me (HP fanfic one-shot)

amber-
    amber-

Dream About Me (HP fanfic one-shot) Empty Dream About Me (HP fanfic one-shot)

Post by amber- Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:13 am

Sleep On the Floor, Dream About Me.

She was horrible at singing. Really, she was. Even if she was the top of her class and could perform advanced spells well beyond her age, Rose Weasley's vocals were not meant to be set to lyrics. This was a problem for Scorpius Malfoy who cherished his girlfriend but couldn't bring himself to say she was a lovely singer.

"Shush," he murmured, pressing two long fingers against Rose's lips. "If anyone hears you..."

Rose stopped singing and attempted to glare at Scoripus whose pale blonde hair glowed vividly in the brightening moonlight. Her voice dripped with unabashed sarcasm when she said, "If anyone catches us then we're doomed. Yeah, I know."

Scorpius glowered down at the girl who was slumped beside him, her head resting on his chest, rising and falling with every breath he took. They were at the top of the North Tower which was of course forbidden to students after hours. That didn't stop this pair of seventh years though.

"You could at least try to sound serious," Scorpius retorted. He sighed, however, and brushed away a strand of red hair out of her brown eyes. "If we're caught we really are doomed."

Rose sat up suddenly then. "Why is that? Why do we have to be a secret?"

"Rose, you know why! James and Hugo and the rest of them hate my guts. I don't want them to hurt you."

"I can take care of myself," snapped Rose, crossing her arms indignantly against her chest. "They should be happy for me."

"They should be but they won't be."

Rose ignored his comment and stared out over the tower to the Hogwarts grounds below. The height made it impossible to make out anything in the dark but if she squinted her eyes she could just barely see the outline of Hagrid's cabin or was that only her memory tricking her? Then there was the Quidditch field where she whipped around on her broom. The match against Ravenclaw was arriving and the Gryffindor team was practicing at all hours. Suddenly a pair of hands rested against her hips and Scorpius' voice was whispering into her ear.

"I'm sorry, Rose. I'm sorry that you have to keep this secret. But I'm not sorry I love you."

Rose whirled around and pressed her lips against Scorpius', gentle and tender as the night wore on. They were in love damn it, and the secrecy was just an added thrill.

*~*

That was the fall, when things were still pretty and delicate and full of promise. The March wind was unforgiving as Rose marched down to Hogsmeade with Lily Potter chattering away at her side.

"Didn't Victoire look positively glowing at the wedding? Her and Teddy are just so perfect together," gushed Lily, hardly registering her cousin's silence. "At Christmas time too, it was all so beautiful."

Rose nodded her head and murmured a reply of agreement only to satisfy Lily's stream of cheerfulness. A few people ahead of them trudging down the muddy path, she could see the back of Scorpius' head and the recognition pained her. She avoided his appearance whenever she could, and that made it harder to block him from her thoughts. He was everywhere; her mind, her classes, her heart, and the light right before sunsets. It was then she could finally close her eyes and pretend everything was okay again.

"How long do you think until they have a baby?" Lily wondered out loud. "I give them a year."

"Mmm, yeah, that sounds about right," reponsed Rose in her offhand way. They had finally reached the village and Scorpius disappeard inside Zonko's Jokeshop with a handful of friends, including a pretty girl with a head full of curly dark hair. Of course, Rose hadn't meant to notice this, it was merely an observation.

"Do you want to go inside Zonko's?" Lily asked. "Uncle George wrote James saying the shop supplies more Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes products now."

"Maybe later," replied Rose. "How about a butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks?"

"Okay," shrugged Lily.

The pub was half-filled with wizards and warlocks and a table or two full of students. Rose and Lily chose a table at the back. After they ordered their drinks, Hugo and Albus entered in deep discussion. They spotted their sisters and headed over.

"The Chudley Cannons is where it's at, Al," argued Hugo as they sat down. "Their scores are really picking up."

"You'll never learn, mate, never will." Albus looked at his sister. "See James around?"

" 'Course not," snorted Lily. "He's always off with his girlfriend."

The conversation finally rounded back to Quidditch and despite being a Quidditch fanatic, Rose managed to slip out of the convo and stare off into nothing, trying to distract herself from all she wanted to think about. The image of her thoughts came walking into the pub then, the dark haired girl at his side with a smile on her face. They sat down on the other side of the pub. If he spotted Rose he didn't let on.

"Excuse me." It was all too much, she needed fresh air to fill her lungs. "I don't feel so great, I'm going to head back up to the castle."

Lily looked perplexed. "Do you want me to go with you?"

"No, no, I'll be okay. Eat some chocolate for me at Honeydukes, all right?" Rose managed a weak smile.

This seemed to be good enough for Lily. "Yeah, sure. Feel better soon!"

Rose escaped the now filled pub as quickly as she could. Outside she turned down the street and instead of heading back to the castle, she approached the abandoned strip of land that fenced off the Shrieking Shack so no students could approach the most haunted building in all of Britain. The tears fell freely, and Rose angrily brushed them away, furious at herself for falling apart.

"You still manage to look pretty even when you're crying," said a voice behind her.

By reflex Rose snatched her wand from her robes and whipped around to the speaker. Scorpius stood there, face somber with his hands held up in surrender. Rose's eyes darted around him looking for the girl but she wasn't there.

"Put that thing away, will you?" Scorpius gently chided.

Rose lowered her wand but didn't release her grip. Maybe it was all the pain inside her that was making her react this way. It certainly explained why she no longer felt safe but really, that was a lie. Being with Scorpius was the most natural and secure thing her mind could imagine.

"Why now? Why are you talking to me now?" Rose asked, nearly biting her tongue off in the process. She sounded so whiney, so helpless, so very vulnerable.

"Because it's too damn hard to stay away." With a few hesitant steps Scorpius closed the space between them.

*~*

The snow fell determinedly outside, creating a blanket of white for the grounds to hibernate under. Snowballs pelted through the air, smacking their targets and cries of anguish or delight being the consequence. Rose had just been hit by a particularly hard ice ball; she has a sneaking suspicion it was of Hugo's doing. Scorpius walked by her, a smirk playing on his face, begging to be hit. Rose wanted to no doubt but it would've drawn too much attention, something the couple couldn't afford.

So later on, when it was below zero outside making the North Tower not an option, they found each other inside an empty classroom on the third corridor. Tomorrow was the first day of the Holidays, meaning a whole two weeks without Scorpius.

"Teddy and Victoire are to be married New Year's Day," said Rose in an attempt to make conversation between Scorpius' frequent kisses. His embrace gave her courage to murmur against his lips, "Maybe that'll be us someday."

Scorpius pulled away and stared intensely at the girl next to him. "Oh c'mon, Rose, you know that isn't going to happen."

Rose pushed herself off the desk she had been sitting on. Suddenly being so close to Scorpius was overwhelming. She tried to put up a staunch defense. "Forget I ever said anything, Scorpius. Forget I ever even thought of us being together after this year. Blimey, just forget it all!"

"What the hell are you saying, Rose?"

"I don't know, Scorp. Maybe I'm trying to say that I'm tired of us being a secret." She ran a hand through her long red hair, fighting hard not to break down sobbing as all the stress consumed her. "I love you, Scorpius, and I want people to know I love you."

A silence sneaked in between them, creating a ravine so deep that they could easily fall into the silence forever. Their breathing was just background noise and the crackling tension was muted. Rose looked up at Scorpius and she knew this was it.

"That's just not possible," whispered Scorpius so quietly that Rose nearly missed it even though her ears were straining to hear his voice. "Have a good Christmas, Rose."

Then he was gone.

*~*

June was bright and shimmering with forgotten hope only now just remembered. Rose held tight to Scorpius' hand as they made their way onto the Hogwarts Express, smiling wide and not caring if her own mother suddenly appeared and saw her with the Malfoy boy.

"This is how it should be," Rose told her boyfriend.

"This is how it's always going to be from now on," Scorpius answered back.

The steam engine sounded and slowly the train pulled away from the castle and they were whisked off into their future, one that they'd share together. Or so Rose thought.

She woke up with a start, one of her roommates standing over her bed with a worried expression plastered on her face. "Rose, are you okay?"

The red-head shut her eyes and tried to will the dream to be real. When she opened them again her roommate was still there and so was reality. "I'm fine. What time is it?"

"Breakfast ended five minutes ago. You've been looking really tired so I thought I'd let you sleep in, since it's a Saturday and all..."

"Right, thanks." Rose sat up and rubbed her tired eyes. The Hogwarts Express was taking off during the late afternoon. In her mind's eyes she could envision a trail of scarlet winding its way back into London and into the Muggle World. This was her last day at Hogwarts as a student and there was a sentimal way she packed her things into her trunk, wishing there was more time. For what she wasn't sure but she could feel the tiny grains of sand slowly slipping away.

When she was standing outside of the train, waiting for her turn to board, she caught sight of Scorpius. Earlier in the spring they reconciled but it was still in secret and it tugged miserably at Rose's heart strings. Surprisingly, the tall Slytherin boy made his way over to Rose and took her hand. Was her dream about to come true after all?

"Listen Rose, I love you. That will never change." His expression was earnest and Rose knew he wasn't done. Sure enough, there came his real reason of coming over. "But sometimes love is letting go and that's what we have to do."

Rose wrenched her hand from his grasp. "I hate you, Scorpius Malfoy. I hate you."

"No, you don't," he remarked calmly. Normally there would be amusement sparkling in his eyes but now there was only pleading, a desire for Rose to understand what she had known would come all along. "Otherwise you wouldn't have taken me back."

"Take you back? Scorpius, you always had me. I was always yours." Rose bit her bottom lip, recognizing her use of past tense. She balled her hands into fists and she was sorely tempted to stuff a fist into her mouth.

"I know. Now I want you to go."

Was this really happening? Were all these awkward kisses and bubbles of hope and midnight talks and sidelong glances and hours of laughter really memories now? Was this what her heart had amounted to? "But I don't want to."

"Well I want you to. I want you to love someone else, someone who deserves you because I don't. Someone who loves to hear you sing. Goodbye, Rose." He turned his back for the last time and boarded the train, leaving Rose behind in a kind of fog of disbelief.

*~*

Many years later, almost two decades later, Rose looked down at her oldest child. "Sometimes we think we know what our heart wants but other times we really don't know at all. Young love is a broken promise, a pretty dream clouded by a spider web of hope. All we can ask for is that we never lose that spider web or we'll never be able to see the pretty dream."

Rose's daughter nodded solemnly, absorbing this information into her young mind. She didn't really understand what her mum was trying to say but what'd it matter? She had a boyfriend who loved her and he loved her voice and he loved to hear her sing.

I have not proofread this and it's 3:10 AM so I have no desire to either. xD
    Title is taken from "Anthems For A Seventeen Year-Old Girl" by Broken Social Scene.
    Yes, this is a Rose/Scorpius fanfic. I just couldn't help myself.
    Sorry about the ending. I got really sleep and senimental?

Last edited by shatteredxlolli on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sb

Dream About Me (HP fanfic one-shot) Empty Re: Dream About Me (HP fanfic one-shot)

Post by sb Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:21 am

Oh my God.

Breathless.

I love it<33
    DJ-GotUsFallin'InLove
    DJ-GotUsFallin'InLove

Dream About Me (HP fanfic one-shot) Empty Re: Dream About Me (HP fanfic one-shot)

Post by DJ-GotUsFallin'InLove Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:49 am

Pretty much, wicked awesome!!!!!
    claire
    claire

Post by claire Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:09 pm

brilliant and beautifully written. <3

Zoe
    Zoe

Post by Zoe Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:34 pm

I normally don't like Harry Potter fanfics.
    But this is so sweet...!
    Especially since I totally ship Scorpius/Rose. x]
    But it's heartbreaking.
    In a good way though.
    Almost reminds me of Snape and Lily.

Hehe Hugo is SO Ronald's son. The Chudley Canons!!!
    And Rose reminds me a lot of Hermione. <3

OH But there was one part,
    right before the second break,
    you called Scorpius "Draco." ;]
    Haha it said...
    "Draco closed the space between them."
    Or something like that.

But I loved this, Amber!
    amber-
    amber-

Post by amber- Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:38 pm

DAMN IT. I did call him Draco didn't I?
    I knew that was going to happen. Fail.

Hahaha but thankyouu<33
    Zoe
    Zoe

Post by Zoe Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:40 pm

Haha fer sher!
    And yeah at first, I thought nothing of it.
    Then I was like "Wait a sec..." Ahaha. x]
    Selina
    Selina

Post by Selina Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:56 pm

HOLYSHIZZTHISISEFFINGAMZINGIAMEFFINGSPEECHLESS.

That was SO beautifully written!
    And... WOW.
    Selina
    Selina

Post by Selina Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:56 pm

(sorry i can't say anything else. haha.)
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:52 pm

youre incredible.
    Steph<3
    Steph<3

Post by Steph<3 Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:01 pm

How did I miss this, A?
    How? Because surely I never miss amazing writing.
    Must have been an off day.

ANYWAY. This is amazing.
    More than amazing.
    Try like... amazing to the tenth degree.

I wish I could give you this fantastic review,
    but I'd say amazing 28284024 times, and that would get annoying.

But this really is amazing<33
    amber-
    amber-

Post by amber- Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:04 am

Hahaha awee thankyouu<33!! =D
    Morgayne
    Morgayne

Post by Morgayne Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:16 am

omg that.was.amazing
    &totally heartbreaking
    courtneyluvsya:)
    courtneyluvsya:)

Post by courtneyluvsya:) Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:20 am

yes, this deserves a TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!
    stephaloo
    stephaloo

Post by stephaloo Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:44 pm

eryjhfgefertyukhjgeertuykjhewrtyu
    LIKE I LEGIT TEARED UP WHILE I WAS READING THIS.
    no joke right now.
    amazing and beautiful and ackkkk!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:08 am