REVOLOUTINARY

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
kel$ey
sb
Morgayne
Zoe
8 posters

Just One Minute

Zoe
    Zoe

Just One Minute Empty Just One Minute

Post by Zoe Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:07 am

Just One Minute

Just One Minute Tumblr11

The hats are on and the countdown starts and it’s that New Year’s Eve haze all over again. The loud roar of the party had sizzled down to a low pre-midnight murmur as all of the guests get ready to welcome 2011.

As the party-goers finalized their soon to be forgotten resolutions in their minds, took a last swig of beer, and pulled their long-time or even just-met-tonight lovers in close as the clock ticked closer and closer to midnight. And here I sat among the emptied red cups and hanging streamers, alone in a corner at a New Year’s Eve party.

Everyone seemed so happily caught up with sharing the resolutions that they won’t ever carry through and starting this year fresh and free, for some reason convinced that these next 365 days will be somehow less painful, stressful, and regretted than the last. But I just wallowed in the misery that was soon to become this new year. I could drink like everyone else and forget the worries of this past year like everyone else, but I just stayed perched in my own lonely corner as the people around me shouted out the last thirty seconds of 2010.

And I don’t even know why, but as I let myself get so enraptured in my pathetic New Year’s indifference, I even let myself silently sob at the fact that for yet another year, I won’t be getting a kiss at midnight. I could sit here and complain about the frivolous, pointless excitement of New Year’s Eve, but I could not lie to myself and ignore the fact that some fantastic part of me can’t help but dream of being spontaneously whisked out of my seat and kissed once the clock strikes midnight. I can’t pretend not to notice that this is one of the loneliest moments the year brings.

So as the seconds withered away and the year closed in on it’s end, I sat alone dreaming about a strange and handsome boy with dark hair and bright eyes sauntering over to me in his skinny jeans and Converse. He would gently tug on my hand and bring me to my feet and as the crowd around us shouted, “Seven, six, five…!” he would pull me close and with a smile ask, “Would it be all right if I kiss you at midnight?” Then the last few seconds will pass, leaving me no time to answer as his soft, unfamiliar lips pressed against mine as glitter and confetti exploded into the air and hats were tossed and the whole world was living in a brand new year.

Then my New Year’s mystery kisser will pull back slightly and whisper, “Happy New Year, stranger,” and we would probably never see each other again or even know the other person’s name.

And then I found myself standing stranded in the crowd of celebrating teenagers realizing that my little New Year’s fantasy was in fact not a dream. It really happened. And it was now 2011 and a beautiful, strange boy had given me a New Year’s kiss, welcoming the new year with excitement, romance, and mystery. If the rest of 2011 is going to be like this one minute, I don’t think I would mind.

This by no means was meant to be spectacular. Haha. I just wanted to write a New Year's kiss one shot. So here it is! Happy 2011, everyone. (:

Morgayne
    Morgayne

Just One Minute Empty Re: Just One Minute

Post by Morgayne Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:13 am

Awww cute Smile
    Definitely something I wouldn't mind happening to me, haha
    sb

Just One Minute Empty Re: Just One Minute

Post by sb Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:38 pm

I loved this, Zoe. So cute <3
    kel$ey
    kel$ey