REVOLOUTINARY

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Rachh<3
erika!
sof,or something
claire
cali sweetheart.
amber-
ibelieveinfairies
Lee
Morgayne
sb
14 posters

you are red, violent red.

sb

you are red, violent red. - Page 2 Empty you are red, violent red.

Post by sb Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

YOU ARE RED, VIOLENT RED
    you are red, violent red. - Page 2 Raunch11
    you hollow out my hungry eyes

The sun streamed through the dusty blinds, creating a hazy, milky light in the plain loft. The air in the room was smoky, and a light fog hung overhead. In an ash tray by the bed, two cigarettes sat smoldering. A bottle of Heineken lay half-empty on the floor, and another one on the small bedside table.

Music was playing in the background; some angry rock that could only put the listener into a bad mood. It was quiet, barely audible, but every once in a while, the loud shred of guitar would pierce the almost-silence.

In the bed lay two figures, limbs tangled and hair mangled. Neither moved, neither stirred; they were dead asleep under the ratty, twisted sheets, clinging to each other as if they were each other's only stability. A dainty arm hung over the side of the bed, and the wrist and forearem were dotted with scabs and scars. At the elbow, there was a swelling, purple bruise seemingly from an IV or needle of some sort.

It was a sad sight to behold, the small room in the loft.

Finally, one of the figures stirred; a woman, young, probably around the tender age of twenty. She stretched, untangling herself from the sheets and the young man beside her. She was surprised by his presence, as if she hadn't been expecting him to be home this morning.

She hadn't. He never stayed through the night with her; there were always places to be that were more important than being with her. To show her satisfaction in his presence, she leaned down, brushed his hair out of his face, and kissed his forehead.

"Morning," He mumbled suddenly, his hand searching blindly for something.

She grasped it and their fingers intertwinde as his other arm wrapped around her waist. "Morning," She repeated, settling down in his embrace once more.

AN: Hey guys, posting this here because I got fucked over on TCO. Thankfully, I was able to retrieve a few of my stories. I'm going to be changing this one up a little bit because I didn't really like the angle this one was coming from. So... Yeah.

Last edited by sb on Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    sb

you are red, violent red. - Page 2 Empty Re: you are red, violent red.

Post by sb Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:34 am

Behold, CHARACTER PICTURES:

you are red, violent red. - Page 2 Cass310

From top:

Damien Hall played by Matt Bomer
    Cassandra Burns played by Emmy Rossum
    Matthew Gates played by Tom Hardy
    amber-
    amber-

Post by amber- Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:24 pm

asdfghjkl I pictured the characters totally different!
    In these pix they all look so...mature. =]
    sb

Post by sb Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:47 am

I honestly could not find my perfect Damien. It was a tie between Matthew Goode and Matt Bomer. Because Matthew Goode has the stoic sexy thing going on, but Matt Bomer has the smirk.

I COULDN'T DECIDE.
    Kathy
    Kathy

Post by Kathy Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:49 am

Ooooooooh seksi.
    Wait, did you change them? Because earlier I could have sworn it was a different guy for Damien.
    sb

Post by sb Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:55 am

It was the same guy but a different picture. x]
    Kathy
    Kathy

Post by Kathy Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:05 am

ohhhh, that makes more sense.
    sb

Post by sb Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:16 pm

seven.

Damien walked his kitchen floor, whiskey in hand, deep in thought. He’d been pacing for an hour, maybe more, waiting for the distinct sound of her front door swinging open. He hadn’t heard anything though, and she’d been gone for at least three hours.

He knew somewhere in the back of his mind it was Matthew’s visit that pushed her over the edge. His real life mixed with his favorite dream, but his dream was gone and now all that was left was his mundane reality.

Because that’s what it was without her, after all—mundane, normal, boring. Even the drug busts didn’t excite him anymore. She brought something special—a flame that could not easily be extinguished, something for him to protect and hold.

She reminded him of Lydia, if he was going to be honest. At first, that was why he visited her. Just to see Lydia’s face again, but it wasn’t really Lydia’s. Soon, Lydia’s face became Cassie’s face, and he didn’t go to her apartment to see Lydia—he came to see her.

Love was a ridiculous word; one only three women had ever said to him including his own mother. His regrets—among so many others—were not saying it back, not showing it, not really caring about it at all.

Lydia would say it at the most inopportune times—while they were eating breakfast, while they were watching television, in the middle of a regular conversation. He got used to it, almost, and was gracious for her attention.

He never got used to it when Cass said it though. She told him in the dark—the silence—when he wasn’t expecting it but probably should have. When they lay tangled together, nothing but skin, three whispered words in a gasp of breath—it was her way of telling him and showing him.

He owed her the truth, he realized.

Before he could stop himself, Damien marched out his front door in the direction of Cass’s apartment. He let himself in—really, she never locked her doors, and he had a feeling he was the reason.

“Cassie?” He said aloud, looking around. He walked into the kitchen, looking for anything unusual. He found it in the form of a subway token sitting on the counter, dirty with age and use.

He only knew one person who used a British subway token.

Matthew had been here; he had visited Cass without telling Damien, and he had left a token of his as a warning.

“Cassie!” Damien couldn’t help the hint of panic that seeped into his tone. He explored the cluttered apartment and found no sign of her.

He left her apartment in a fury, slamming the door loud enough that the landlady would probably call about in a few minutes.

He picked up his cell phone and dialed the number he’d had to memorize a long time ago.

“Gates,” The man on the other line answered.

“Where is she, you vile, disgusting—”

“Language,” Matthew reprimanded, chuckling a bit. “Who are you referring to?”

Damien was ready to get his pistol and shoot his partner in the head. He lowered his voice, hoping the threatening act would still work—probably not after ten years of work and friendship. “Cass, Matt, I’m talking about Cass. Where is she?”

“We’re just having lunch—chit-chatting, you know.”

“Bring her back. Bring her back here right now,” Damien said.

“From what I’ve heard, you two had a bit of a spat this morning. You’re still seeing each other?”

Matthew’s mocking tone made Damien clench his hands into fists. Between gritted teeth, he managed to spit out, “Bring her back in an hour. If she’s not here by then, I’ll have you killed.”

Matthew laughed. “What if I don’t want to bring her back?”

“Then I’ll kill you myself.”

Damien ended the call and hurled his cell phone across the room. It smashed satisfyingly into the wall, leaving a dent in the drywall and his phone in several broken pieces on the floor.

AN: I TOLD YOU THERE WOULD BE A CHAPTER IN DAMIEN'S POV. Here it is. x]
    amber-
    amber-

Post by amber- Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:31 pm

DAMIEN WHY YOU BREAK PHONE! Ahhhh he drinks whiskey! And he loves Cass. SO HAPPY YOU POSTED HIS POV.
    I really like Matthew. Maybe even more than Damien.
    Taylor
    Taylor

Post by Taylor Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:42 pm

LOVE this
    sb

Post by sb Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:43 pm

eight.

“You shouldn’t have done that,” Cass said softly. “He gets unreasonable when he’s angry.”

“Doll, I’ve known him for ten long years—I know,” Matthew said with his grin that seemed less savage by the minute. “He most likely threw something—”

“And broke something else—”

“—and now he’s angrier than he was to start with,” Matthew finished. “I know, but he’ll have it cleaned up in no time.”

Cass frowned but didn’t argue because everything he said was true. He did know Damien better than she did. She shouldn’t have been upset—ten years is a lot longer than one—but she couldn’t help feeling envious.

“Why did you say that thing about not wanting to bring me back? Why not just tell him I don’t want to see him?” She asked.

Matthew’s grin disappeared. “Because, petal,” He said quietly, “it hurts less if he thinks you want to be with him.”

Cass opened her mouth but shut it just as quickly, thinking, I do want to be with him.

“Are you finished?” He asked, looking at her plate that was still half full of a picked-apart omelet.

She nodded, waited as he flagged down a waitress for the check, and tried to ignore the horrible feeling of guilt that was growing larger by the second.

“I do hope your impression of me has been changed—really, I’m not as much of a prick as you’d like to think,” Matthew said, standing up. He offered her hand to help her out of her seat.

Cass ignored his outstretched hand and stood up. “You never did tell me what it is you do.”

Matthew didn’t seem to hear her, as he was focused on something across the restaurant. His eyes were narrowed and his jaw clenched, and he didn’t look at her for a very long time. Only when she lightly touched his arm did he clear his throat and look at her.

“Sorry,” He said. “We best be going now.”

“Avoiding the question,” Cass said with a scowl. “You’re no different from him.”

“I’m not avoiding the question,” Matthew said, pressing closer to her to squeeze past the small crowd waiting near the door. He dropped his voice, “I’m just avoiding it here.”

Cass whipped around, a spark of excitement. “Are we being followed? Are you a spy?” She whispered.

Matthew rolled his eyes and ushered her out the door onto the street. “We’ve got a tail, but you shouldn’t worry about it. I’m an expert at disappearing.”

“A tail? Who would want to follow you?”She asked naively.

“You’d be surprised,” Matthew responded with a smirk. He pulled them off the street down a side alley paved with cobblestone. “We’ll take this way.”

Cass looked around at the trash cans and boarded up windows, trying to make sense of her surroundings. Once she figured out where they were, she made a small grunt of displeasure. “But this is the long way,” She said. “It’ll take us nearly an hour to get to my apartment.”

Matthew looked uneasy as he tossed her a sidelong glance. “We’re not, er, going to your apartment, doll. At least not right now.”

Cass was about to protest when a man in a black coat and fedora rounded the corner into the alley, making Matthew curse and pick up the pace. “What’s going on?” She asked, trying to keep up with his brisk walk.

“Well, Miss Burns,” He said, grabbing her wrist. “Ever been chased before?”

Before she could answer he starting running, and the man behind them started to run too. She ignored her conscience telling her to go home, and instead let Matthew pull her down a larger, busier street.

“This way,” He said over his shoulder with a cheeky grin. “Get ready to disappear.”

AN: Matthew's starting to grow on me.

Last edited by sb on Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kathy
    Kathy

Post by Kathy Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:52 pm

NO, I still like Damien better.
    But Matthew does have something about him..
    WHAT AM I SAYING.

LOVE THIS.
    amber-
    amber-

Post by amber- Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:54 pm

“Because, petal,” He said quietly, “it hurts less if he thinks you want to be with him.” <33

ACK. I love this. So much.
    Taylor
    Taylor

Post by Taylor Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:20 pm

pmn

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:10 am