REVOLOUTINARY

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Morgayne
julia
erika!
7 posters

Face Down {Chapter 1 & 2 Up}

erika!
    erika!

Face Down {Chapter 1 & 2 Up} Empty Face Down {Chapter 1 & 2 Up}

Post by erika! Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:21 am

Face Down

"Face down in the dirt she says, this doesn't hurt she says I finally had enough."

Face Down {Chapter 1 & 2 Up} Purple10

Prologue

I said the words again, but I really wasn’t sure if I meant them this time. I wasn’t sure of much anymore. My life was spiraling out of control to the point that I was basically a meaningless puppet. I was afraid to leave him and especially of the damage he was capable of causing. If I didn’t say those words, it would lead to a trail of bruises on my arm, or worse. My life was at stake and I didn’t know how to defend myself. His callous words stung and twisted my brain in such a way that he had me wrapped around his very fingertip. I guess this was partly my fault too though. Whenever he asked for a second chance, he always told me “it will be different this time.” I believed him every single time but things would always turn out differently.

Note: so i started this story awhile back on tco but i never finished it so i am going to
    try and re write it.

Song credit to face down by red jumpsuit apperatus

Last edited by erik on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
    julia

Face Down {Chapter 1 & 2 Up} Empty Re: Face Down {Chapter 1 & 2 Up}

Post by julia Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:26 am

did you know that erika is amazing? i did.
    erika!
    erika!

Post by erika! Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:27 am

no. you are amazing.Very Happy
    Morgayne
    Morgayne

Post by Morgayne Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:10 pm

ohhh I used to love this story! Smile
    so glad it's back
    IZZY
    IZZY

Post by IZZY Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:23 pm

ooooooooh:)
    erika!
    erika!

Post by erika! Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:26 pm

chapter one will be up soon(:
    erika!
    erika!

Post by erika! Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:05 pm

One

“Do you love me?” I asked hoping he would say I’ve always loved you or something along those lines.
    “Yeah you know I do, why are you asking?” He pulled out a cigarette and lit it as we sat on an old, rusted, bench in the commons.
    “I don’t know. Sorry.” I guess it was kind of stupid of me to ask but I just wanted to hear him say it.
    I cringed. “Smoking is bad for you, you know?” I commented.
    He didn’t counter, instead he leaned towards me and exhaled a big puff of smoke right in my face. I coughed unconsciously.
    My attention shifted to a couple walking by. The guy tightly wrapped his arm around her as if he were marking his territory.
    “Are you ready to go?” He asked but my attention was still on the happy couple.
    “What?”
    “Are you ready to go? We’re supposed to meet up with Sean and James, remember?”
    “Oh yeah,” I paused trying to come up with an excuse. I really didn’t want to go hang out with Asher’s buddies. They’re kind of obnoxious, plus, Asher acts like a completely different person when we are around them.
    “Oh crap; I can’t go I just remembered I told Samantha I’d meet up with her today.” I lied hoping he bought it.
    I held my breath as I watched his reaction, but he showed no emotion so I sighed in relief.
    “Sorry.” I added.
    “Okay, Fine. Let’s go I’ll drop you off at your house.” He dropped the cigarette to the ground and crushed it before standing up. I followed him to the car, hoping I hadn’t made him angry by bailing on him.

As we pulled into my driveway the car pulled to a stop.
    “Okay, bye.” I kissed him goodbye. His breath reeked of nicotine.
    “Call me tonight, okay?” He said sounding more like an order than a question.
    “Okay.” I said quickly as I hopped out of the car.

“Berkeley is that you?” My mom called out from her bedroom.
    “Yeah,” I responded.
    “Come here, please.”
    “What’s up?” I asked as I entered her room.
    She was sitting on her bed with a mass of papers scattered around her. She was doing work, no doubt. She’s always working, so is dad. That’s why I get away with things so easily. No one really pays much attention to me anymore.
    “Where were you last night? You didn’t come home.” She asked curiously.
    “I was at Asher’s.” I said blatantly.
    She sighed, “You seem to be spending a lot of time with him lately.”
    “Well he’s my boyfriend. What’s your point?” I snapped.
    Most kids wouldn’t get away talking back to their parents like that, but I do.
    “I’m just saying maybe you should spend less time with him and concentrate more on school.” She wasn’t even looking at me she was looking at the papers on her bed.
    “Whatever.” I mumbled and walked away.
    erika!
    erika!

Post by erika! Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:43 pm

Two

The phone rang three times before Samantha picked up.
    “Hey, what’s up Berks?” She answered.
    “Hey want to hang out today?” I asked. Since I had blown Asher off, I had nothing to do and I might as well go ahead and hang out with Sam like I had told him.
    She paused for a second probably thinking if she had any other plans.
    “Sure, I’m free tonight. I’ll meet you at your house in an hour or so.”
    “Okay, cool, see you then.” I said hanging up the phone.

The time passed by quickly, and soon enough Samantha showed up at my house.
    “Hey, so what do you want to do today?” She asked as she wiped her shoes on the doormat knowing what a total neat freak my mom is.
    I tapped a finger on my bottom lip as I deliberated what we could do.
    “You’re going out with Samantha? That’s good you need some time away from that boy.” My mom interrupted.
    “His name isn’t boy. It’s Asher.” I responded irritably, but she didn’t hear me, she had already walked away and into the kitchen.
    “Let’s go walk around Downtown and look at the shops,” She chimed in.

After driving for about fifteen minutes, we arrived in Downtown. There were a lot of people wandering around today, it was crowded.
    “Oh! Let’s go to that new boutique. What’s it called?” She hesitated trying to remember the name.
    “La Bella?” I offered.
    “Yeah that’s it! It’s right around the corner.” She said as she led me to the store.
    Luckily the stores weren’t as crowded as it was outside. So it was peaceful and quiet.
    Once we were in the store Samantha wandered off to the other side to look at the shoes leaving me by myself, but I didn’t mind.
    It was starting to get hot though, so I lifted up my sleeves.
    As I shifted through the line of clothing I heard someone clear their throat behind me.
    “Can I help you find anything particular?” A soft voice said.
    I turned around, “Um No thanks, I, uh” I paused stunned. The guy was extremely good looking to say the least. It had completely caught me off guard.
    “I’m just looking,” I said noting his light, messy, brown hair and piercing green eyes. And his smile, well it could melt a girl’s heart in an instant. Not that it was doing that to me or anything.
    His eyes shifted to my arm, and for a second I was confused at why his attention was on my arm. I looked down at the trail of bruises on my arm, feeling embarrassed, I pulled my sleeves back down. He had a look on his face that I couldn’t quite figure out.
    “Okay well if you need anything just let me know.” He had a gentle smile on his face, and then he strolled away.
    “Who was that?” I jumped not realizing that Sam was standing behind me. She had an eager look on her face. Was she standing there the whole time? I couldn’t remember. My thoughts were kind of scattered and I was still embarrassed that someone had seen my bruises.
    “Um, I don’t know, let’s go.” I said hastily walking out of the store.
    “What did that worker guy say to you?” She asked curiously.
    “Nothing” I responded, “He was just asking if I needed help finding anything.”
    “Well from the look on his face I don’t think that’s what he wanted.” She snickered.
    “Shut up,” I joked hitting her on the shoulder. To be honest I didn’t really believe her though, I mean what would a good looking guy like that want from me? Sure I was kind of pretty and had nice wavy brunette hair and light blue eyes, but come on. I was a mess on the inside and it surely showed on the outside.

We then continued to shop around and chatted about what was new in each others lives. I hadn’t hung out with Samantha in awhile, but it felt good to be with a friend and just talk and relax. There wasn’t any pressure to impress her or make sure what I said hadn’t offended her or made her angry, like there was with Asher.
    When Sam dropped me off, I went to my room and plopped down on my bed. Then I realized my purse was missing. Did I leave it when at one of the shops in downtown or did I just leave it in Sam’s car? I quickly dialed Sam’s number on my house phone hoping she had it because if not I had just lost not only my purse, but my drivers license, wallet with my money in it and my cell phone.
    “Hey what’s up?” She answered.
    “Did I leave my purse in your car?” I asked showing a worried tone in my voice.
    “Let me check, hold on one second.” She put the phone down and I could hear her sifting through her car for my purse. She must not be home yet because she was still in her car obviously.
    She picked the phone up “No I’m sorry it’s not here, want me to come back and get you so we can go look for it?” She offered.
    “No thanks,” I rejected, “I’ll go look for it tomorrow I’m tired.”
    “Are you sure?” She tried again.
    “Yeah, thanks anyways. Bye.” I said before hanging up the phone.

A moment later the phone rang.
    “Hello?” I answered hoping maybe Sam had found my purse after all and was calling me back.
    “Hey, uh, this is Luke. I work over at La Bella,” The sound of his voice made my heart skip a few beats. Wait how did he get my number?
    “You left your purse here and I, uh, found your home phone number in your phone.” He explained.
    He gave me the address to his house so I could go pick up my purse and then we hung up.
    Rachh<3
    Rachh<3

Post by Rachh<3 Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:02 pm

i like this !
    sof,or something
    sof,or something

Post by sof,or something Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:14 pm

loooooveelyyy (:

Asher is the name of a character in The Giver, which is the play I'm in, but it's played by a girl, haha

and I love the name Berkeley (:
    erika!
    erika!

Post by erika! Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:34 pm

thanks guys(:

and ooh really? haha ive only heard asher as a guy name but cool!
    ive read the giver but it was such a long time ago. lol. ;P
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:35 pm

hellllo, i reallly like this and would ADORE if you continued itt(:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 6:32 pm