REVOLOUTINARY

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
IZZY
sb
6 posters

she's a paradox [fanfic]

sb

she's a paradox [fanfic] Empty she's a paradox [fanfic]

Post by sb Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:03 pm

AN: I'm a sucker for anything Inception, and I decided to add to the hundreds of fics. This will also be posted on my LJ, but I wanted to post it here first. It'll be A/A centric, but there might be a sprinkling of Arthur/Eames because they're my guilty pleasure.

she's a paradox

she's a paradox [fanfic] A-a10

"I tried to stay away but..."

"There's nothing quite like it."

sb

she's a paradox [fanfic] Empty Re: she's a paradox [fanfic]

Post by sb Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:05 pm

Click through to see the source of the picture.

contents

one

Last edited by sb on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
    IZZY
    IZZY

Post by IZZY Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:39 pm

OMFG YES
    I know I'm late joining the Inception bandwagon (just saw it for the first time on Wednesday on a plane), but I still am awe-struck by it:D
    amber-
    amber-

Post by amber- Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:42 am

Ah yes! I love Inception fics! =D
    sb

Post by sb Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:09 pm

AN: Ugh I don't know if I've got the characters pinned right. They seem a little backwards here. Here's chapter one, anyway.

one

“He’s lovely, Arthur,” She gushes, her pencil flying over the paper. She stops and looks up at him. “Can a man be lovely?” Before he can respond, she’s answered herself, “Of course a man can be lovely. Garret’s all sorts of lovely, Arthur. You’ll adore him, really.”

Arthur doubts he’ll adore anything about this Garret fellow, but he shrugs and nods anyway. “I’m sure he’s quite the charmer to snag you, Ariadne,” He says just to see her blush.

She’s got a pretty blush, he’ll admit. It’s a light flush, a swelling of pink in her cheeks. Her eyes flutter and she usually reaches up to fiddle with the pencil that’s always tucked behind her ear. This time though, her fingers touch empty air because the pencil she’s looking for is on the work table next to her sketches.

Arthur knows he shouldn’t tease her so, but he can’t resist. After the little stunt he pulled during the Fischer job, he hasn’t been able to get her out of his head. He even bought her a scarf last year when he went to visit Eames in Mumbai. Of course he hasn’t given it to her since they’re not even close enough to be friends. They’re more acquaintances than anything.

“I’ve invited him to dinner tonight,” Ariadne says, interrupting his thoughts. She’s gone back to sketching a labyrinth hospital for their next job.

“You… What?” Arthur isn’t sure he’s heard her correctly.

“I’ve invited him to dinner,” She repeats in a chipper tone.

Why?” His question is blunt, demanding, and he hates how childish he sounds. He shouldn’t be so openly peeved — it’s her job to be the emotional one, not his.

She keeps sketching and says, “Because, Arthur, I want him to meet the team.”

“Did you tell him about what we do?”

“Don’t be stupid,” Ariadne chides. “We’ve only been seeing each other a few short months.”

Arthur relaxes a little, and there’s an irritating feeling of satisfaction knowing he and Ariadne have a common secret her boyfriend doesn’t know about. It gives him a sickly sort of superiority over Gabe or Gregory or whatever his name was. Arthur hates this. He’s not acting like himself — he’s acting like her.

“Are you going to tell him?” He inquires casually — but not at all casually, leaning against the work bench.

She smiles a bit condescendingly and says, “I don’t know, Arthur, I haven’t thought that far yet.”

“Arthur, leave the girl alone,” Eames says suddenly as he exits the elevator. “You need yourself a girlfriend, mate.”

“Eames!” Ariadne drops her models and rushes into the forger’s arms.

Eames, always one for a show, lifts her off her feet and twirls her. “Ariadne, my dear, you’re looking as radiant as ever,” He says when he sets her down.

“Always such a charmer,” Ariadne counters with a laugh and an eye roll.

Eames chuckles heartily and grins when he looks at Arthur. “Would you like a hug, Arthur?”

Arthur pushes himself off the edge of the work bench and walks breezily past Eames’ open arms. “I thought you wouldn’t be in for another week,” He said, fiddling with a stack of files for their next job.

“Yes, well, plans do change, don’t they, darling?”

Arthur lifts an eyebrow and glances at Eames. Before he has time to comment, though, Ariadne is tugging on Eames’ arm like a small child begging for a cookie before dinner.

“Come to dinner with us tonight,” She says. It’s not an invitation and they all know it — and it’s not as if Eames would say no to Ariadne.

“Just the three of us?” Eames smirks and looks at Arthur. “You know me so well.”

Ariadne bites her lip. “Actually—”

“Ariadne’s bringing a guest,” Arthur interrupts.

He watches with reluctance as Eames turns to the architect, a devilish smile on his face. They all wait for the merciless teasing and jokes, but Eames does nothing of the sort.

Instead, he looks back and forth between them and says, “The more the merrier, hmm?”

kel$ey
    kel$ey

Post by kel$ey Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:21 pm

I like it(:
    amber-
    amber-

Post by amber- Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:02 pm

I can't help it. Whenever I think of Ariadne I think of Ellen Page and then I think of Juno and then Ariadne makes me laugh. Moving on...like Kelsey said, I like this! =]
    IZZY
    IZZY

Post by IZZY Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:27 pm

lovely:D
    caitlynn<3
    caitlynn<3

Post by caitlynn<3 Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:35 pm

i love this! inceptions the BEST movie, and also can i use your title "flightless bird" for a story?
    if not ill think of something, but i wanted to ask
    sb

Post by sb Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:13 am

I'd rather you didn't since I, you know, wrote a story titled Flightless Bird.

Not being rude but sorryyy
    stephaloo
    stephaloo

Post by stephaloo Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:36 pm

i love this, sarah!
    omg inception is the best.
    fanfictions on inception are even better xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:35 pm