REVOLOUTINARY

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

NYC, get ready for me! :)

courtneyluvsya:)

NYC, get ready for me! :) Empty NYC, get ready for me! :)

Post by courtneyluvsya:) Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:06 am

As I looked out the window, everything seemed to take shape. It was like a dream. I saw the buildings, the
    taxis, and the bright lights. It was breath taking, awe inspiring, and, well, totally awesome. I had been to NYC plenty of times, living in the burbs, but not by myself. I couldn't believe mommy and daddy would let me do this! I mean, sure, we're rich and all, but NEW YORK BY MYSELF?! Well, happy 16th birthday to me! But, it
    wasn't my birthday. It was just a present from my Sweet Sixteen party last month. I was so excited, and it showed. As soon as I got off the bus, I met so many new people! But I still hadn't met anyone special, so I kept looking. On the way to the theatre, we talked, gossiped, and texted like no other. It was like a movie! I was so excited to get to the theatre and sing my song. I had been preparing for months! I was sure it was perfect. My vocal teacher said so! You see, since my mom is a spinal surgeon and my dad is the best lawyer in all 21 counties of New Jersey, we're super rich. Getting the best is usual. The best vocal and acting coaches, the best dance lessons, the best phones, the best clothes, the best EVERYTHING! It was just like in the movies, but in REAL LIFE! I loved my life. Everything felt...perfect.

I finally got to my hotel room, after climbing up what seemed like an endless flight of stairs. I was sooooo tired that I could barely walk two feet without swaying. “Yes!” I thought as I walked into the room. Two king sized plushy beds and one huge inviting chair. Enough room for way more than 5 people. As I walked in, my roomates didn't so much as blink, not noticing me. “Ugh. A bunch of snobby rich girls. Just what I need.” I think to myself. I mean, sure I'm rich, but I'm the total opposite of snobby. It just wasn't in my nature. I was too nice, I would apologize to a mannequin if needed. That's happened more than once, believe it or not. But I didn't notice. My boyfriend at the time thought it was cute. “No no no no no no no. I am NOT going to think about HIM on this once in a lifetime trip.” I think to myself. Jeffrey was the meanest, most devilish boy to ever walk this earth. I hated him with a fiery passion deep inside my very core. That is one of the reasons I came on this trip. To get over him and to hook up with as many cute guys as possible. This is going to be fun.

*_*_*_*

As I sat in the auditorium, the butterflies soon crawled in. Or flew in. Or however they get in your tummy, they did. I had dreamed about this last night, but now it was actually here. The Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre, where our auditions would be held. I sat next to my roommates, who sat next to these lower-class looking girls. “They will most definitely be my new BFF's. Totally.” I had already set it in my mind when the first girl was called up. “Hello, my name is Brenna Featherston, and I will be singing ‘I’m not that Girl’ from the musical Wicked.” Brenna. What a unique name. I had never heard that before. She seems like a nice girl, and her voice was fantastic. I suddenly got nervous. What if I mess up? What if my voice cracks? I took another sip of my room-temperature Figi bottled water. That always calms me down when I freak. It was so nerve-wracking, hearing that girl sing. Boy, did she have a voice. I hoped my audition went as well as her's.

5 more girls until me. I plugged in my ipod and started reviewing my song. 3 more girls until me. I mouthed along to the words. I was up next. I took a couple more sips of my water before Ms. Lee called me up. “Hello. My name is Courtney Wills and I will be singing 'On My Own' from 'Les Miserables'.” Ok, I didn't screw up my introduction. I started singing the first few bars. 'On my own/pretending he's beside me./ All alone/I walk with him till morning/' Ok Courtney, it's going really well. You can do this. 'I love him/ but only on my own.' I finish the song and quickly walk off stage, but not before doing a little curtsy. You see, curtsies are kinda my thing. Just like Rachel Berry has gold stars, I have curtsies. I've been doing them since I could walk. I felt like a princess, and I've been doing them so long they just kinda stuck.

As I walked offstage, I felt someone grab my arm and plop me down beside them. “I'm Madi.” I giggled, startled at her abrupt nature. She seemed like the kind of person I wanted to have as a friend, so I sat there with her and her friends while the other people sang. When it was her turn, she walked onstage with a confident nature. “Hi. My name is Madison Mitra and I'm going to sing 'Mama Who Bore Me' from 'Spring Awakening'.” Her voice was beautiful. I had never heard of Spring Awakening before that, but hearing her sing made me want to. When we heard what musicals were opening, I silently squealed when Phantom was announced. My favorite play of all time. I had the range of Christine, thanks to my vocal teacher. She was amazing. I had gotten so much more potential now that I had had her.

*_*_*_*

We all exited the theatre, and I decided I would treat everyone to a treat, considering they were all AMAZING at auditions. As soon as I got back to the room, I opened up my Mac and started the e-mail.

TO:
    ALL ROOMS
    SUBJ: Dinner on Me:)

hey everyone! its Courtney here. just wanted to know how many people wanted to come to serendipity 3 on me tonite 4 sum frozen hot chocolate, then Star18, a new 18 & younger club. This is all pre-paid by me mom and dad. just email me back with how many people are coming, and I’ll make sure we have enough of everything!
    -courtney wills

About 5 minutes later, I got a reply from 3 rooms. And those were the only 3 replies I got. “Cool. Now I won't have to spend as much!” I silently cheered. All 5 girls from room 317 wanted to go, and the other two emails were rejections. “Great! Now I can really save some moneys!” I kinda only wanted them to go anyway cause they needed some fun. They seemed like really cool gals that needed a night on the town. Luckily, I've been to the city a thousand times, and I knew my way around town. Time to paint the town pink with sparkles.

After I was done straightening my hair and putting on my makeup, I put on the shortest clubbing dress I had and paired it with some gold sandals and my cream Gucci I got last week. I met the girls at Serendipity 3 and we all had salads. This was an idea I had, cause we were gonna be dancing all night. We didn't wanna be bowing down to the porcelain god they call a toilet, now would we? As soon as we were done, we headed towards Star18, my fave club in the city. There are so many hot guys there! “So, how come you can afford all this?” Rachel asks. I just shrug it off, cause I didn't want to seem like I was bragging. It wouldn't feel right discussing it with them, no offense.

*_*_*_*

'California Gurls' was blaring through the speakers when we finally arrived. Almost instantaneously, I started dancing something I made up on the spot. Soon enough, all the girls I was with joined it. It was the coolest thing ever! When we finished, a round of applause emerged from the crowd, and of course, I curtsied. And then, someone caught my eye. He was looking right at me, thank God! His hair was a light brown and shaggy, and he had the prettiest blue eyes. He reminded me of Zefron, my weakness. But he also looked kinda familiar. We started dancing in ways that are not appropriate to describe in this story, and soon enough, we were making out. “WOO HOO!!! YEAH BOY!!!! GET SOME!!!!” I knew I had made the right choice in friends. After the song was over, we exchanged numbers. His name was Zach, which made it an even closer resemblance to Zefron. And just like that, I was on to the next guy. He also looked like Zefron, and the pattern started over again. Though, no other guy could kiss like Zach. He was going to be my boyfriend by tomorrow, I just knew it.

"God, Courtney. How many boys was that?" Brenna teased as we left the building. I just laughed it off with the rest of the group. That's what friends did, anyways. "About, I dunno, ten?" I blushed at Shannon's almost spot-on guess. I did that a lot, blushing. It was hard not to with me. I had to leave them at the 2nd floor, and I was glad I didn't have to walk anymore. My feet were killing me. I washed the makeup off my face and slipped into my flanel pajama pants and a long t-shirt. I was really casual when it came to what I sleep in. Nobody was gonna see it, anyway, so why bother? As soon as I hit the pillow on the chair, I fell fast asleep.

I woke up to my phone and it's really loud ringtone. It was a text from Zach.

hey babe! Last night was amazing! I was wondering...u wanna go for some starbucks? Meet me at the one downstairs in the lobby. P.S. You are a great singer Smile

I KNEW he looked familiar! He was one of the guys on this trip! He had such a dreamy voice! Oh this made it even better! I went downstairs, still in my pj's, to find Zach holding a tall caramel frappacino, waiting for me. “You are the sweetest!” I exclaimed, surprised at the gesture. “Awwww thanks. You look great!” he said, which was good, cause makeup was just a cover-up. We talked, and soon, too soon, he had to leave. We kissed goodbye, and I bought my new friends frappacinos, figuring they all needed some. I called Madi. Finally, she answered her phone. "Hello?" she asked, sounding like she just woke up. "I have BIG BIG BIG news! Ok, so you know the first guy I danced with, the guy who looked EXACTLY like Zefron?"
    "Yes, Courtney, I do remember."

"Well, he's my boyfriend!!!! YAY ME!!!!!!"

"Yay you! Now LET ME SLEEP!"

"Someone needs some STARBUCKS!!!!"

"That sounds really good right now,actually."

"Good, cause I'm bringing you up some right now. See you soon!"

And I hung up the phone, cause I was outside her door. I knocked 5 times, my signature knock. “5 for you guys, and 1 for me! You guys sure need a pick-me-up!” I say as soon as she opens the door. All the girls jumped out of bed and stampeded me for the coffee. “Whoa! That's like the best coffee I've had in like, the history of forever!” Shannon exclaims. It's like they've never had them Starbucks before! We said our goodbyes, and I went back up to my room to get ready for the day ahead of me.

Last edited by courtneyluvsya:) on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    madi of suburbia
    madi of suburbia

NYC, get ready for me! :) Empty Re: NYC, get ready for me! :)

Post by madi of suburbia Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:10 am

hahahahahahaha!
    ahh i friggin love you!
    i'll post dreaming tonight.

Post by courtneyluvsya:) Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:20 am

ok Smile
    madi of suburbia
    madi of suburbia

Post by madi of suburbia Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:21 am

posted!
    so is the first chapter of the glee fanfic

Post by courtneyluvsya:) Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:22 am

ok Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:24 am