REVOLOUTINARY

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
amber-
Braelyn.
Lucius
sb
8 posters

into the dark.

sb

into the dark. Empty into the dark.

Post by sb Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:55 pm

His blood was on her hands. Her fingers and palms were sticky with it. Artemis stared at her flesh, tainted red by the blood, in utter horror. How could she stop now? Where would she go now? Why had she left the cult?

She was a fool, just as Mihail had told her before she fled, and now, she was paying for it. She wasn't fit to be rogue, not yet, not until she learned the ways. She knew this, but she left anyway.

She cursed herself and dashed into the dark of the woods, away from the road, away from the dead body, away from anything remotely smelling of fresh blood. Running into the woods blindly was such a stupid, stupid mistake, almost moreso than feeding on a human and leaving the mess.

There were shadow hunters lurking these woods; strong shadow hunters. The ones that were much quicker and more powerful than Artemis in every way possible. They could--they would--kill her without a second thought.

That was what shadow hunters did; the bidding of Lucifer. Killing vampires and children of the moon only for their own selfish hopes to become mortal again. They lurked and hunted in the shadows--hence the name--and were stealthier than any living, breathing thing.

"Well, well, well," A voice cooed into Artemis's ear.

She picked up her pace, not caring that the shadow hunter wouldn't have to exert much energy chasing her.

"You might as well stop, you rogue," The voice said again.

Against her own will, Artemis froze, and she watched in horror as the shadow hunter materialized in front of her.

AN: I'm totally pulling this out of my ass, but I've wanted to write a vampire story for a while. I figured this would be fun.Smile
    Lucius
    Lucius

into the dark. Empty Re: into the dark.

Post by Lucius Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:18 pm

that was really amazing!
    sb

Post by sb Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:29 am

AN: Thanks, Marianne! I'll just continue then...?

He was young, for a shadow hunter, and he was probably turned when he was twenty-something or other. He had wild blond hair and coal-black eyes that Artemis immediately hated. Black eyes symbolized no soul, and this shadow hunter certainly had no soul. He grinned ruefully, and a ruthless, hungry look lingered in his eyes.

Artemis didn't tear her eyes away, at least, not until she saw the flicker of light in the distance. It was a porch light, flicked on by someone; someone who could save her, maybe. It was a long shot, but it was her only shot.

So she took it. She made a mad dash in the direction of the light, and she could feel the shadow hunter dancing after her, his humorless laughter echoing through the trees. He was probably amused by her running; Artemis was sure not many victims took off before their death.

He toyed with her along the way, prodding her here and there, breathing down her neck, dancing around her, as if he was enjoying their little chase. His tricks only heightened her senses, and she pushed herself harder.

She reached the light, and it was, in fact, a porch light belonging to an old, victorian style house. She felt the shadow hunter's aura behind her, and she whipped around, prepared to fight.

The sadistic grin on his face was gone, replaced by a scowl that could frighten the bravest vampire. His eyes were hard, and his muscles were tensed as he stood just ten feet away from her.

"Beth?" A voice called from the porch.

Artemis swallowed dryly, risking a glance at the owner of the voice. A small, withering elderly woman stood on the porch steps, staring blindly into the dark. She seemed to spot Artemis and called to her. "Who goes there?"

"B-beth," Artemis stuttered, the lie slipping between her teeth before she could stop herself. She hoped the old woman was blind enough to let her inside.

Her hopes were crushed, however, when the lady smiled knowingly. "I know my Beth, and you most certainly aren't her. Come here, deary."

Artemis risked a glance towards the shadow hunter, who was skulking towards the stairs with a fury matching Satan's. He brushed right past Artemis and marched into the house, slamming the door behind him.

The old woman chuckled at Artemis's shocked expression. "Don't mind Didier, my dear," She said nonchalantly. "He's just agitated you spotted my house. Come inside, come inside."

Artemis found herself unable to move. What was that? The shadow hunter just marched past her, even though he so easily could have taken her right there, and not only that, he marched into a human's house. What was going on?

"Confused?" The lady smiled. "I know. I'm Nettie Wilcox, but no time for formalities. You must be exhausted after a little cat and mouse game with that boy."

Artemis shook her head vigorously. "No, thank you. I should get going."

"Don't be stupid," Nettie sneered. "You go back out there and those hunters will tear you limb from limb. My home is a safe house."

Artemis bit her lip. If she stayed, she could be vulnerable to any surprise ambushes, but if she left, she wasn't sure she could survive the night. So she went against her every instinct and walked inside.

She stopped in her tracks halfway through the door.

Braelyn.
    Braelyn.

Post by Braelyn. Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:53 am

what cracks me up about vampire stories are vampires always have ridiculous name.
    anyhooo, this was amazing as usual.
    sb

Post by sb Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:11 pm

The ridiculous name makes the story. Hahahha x]
    amber-
    amber-

Post by amber- Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Or the story makes the ridiculous name. For example, Renesmee from Twilight. But I think that may be a bad vampire story example. Personal opinion, I suppose.
    Anyway, do not feel neglected no longer! Your story stalker is here and she is very pleased with what she just read! Okay, I'm done with third person. I love this. Really. It's like the old Antimony writing, way back in the day. ;adsjsal;k<33
    Morgayne
    Morgayne

Post by Morgayne Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:43 pm

hahaha ironically I called my twilight RP into the light
    which seems to fit since the cullens are kind of girly for vampires
    sparkling in the sun? really?
    and your vampires are so badass:)
    love it <3
    sb

Post by sb Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:30 am

AN: Thanks guys! I'll just continue then... There is absolutely no plot here. And I don't know what this chapter is about. So... yeah.

First off, Artemis sensed the several auras of other people, but they weren't human. Second, there was wood. Everywhere. The floor, the ceiling, the paneled walls; every single surface loomed threateningly.

Nettie turned around with a knowing smile. "Just don't trip, my dear," She said, scuffling into a room Artemis assumed to be the kitchen. After a moment of silence, Nettie's voice floated through the doorway. "Goodness, child, follow me."

Artemis hesitantly stepped off the oriental rug onto the wood floors, and she took cautious, gentle steps across the entry way. She wandered into the room, which happened to be the kitchen, where Nettie disappeared to. Artemis found herself staring at a Moon child.

Immediately, Artemis shifted into a defensive stance, and her muscles tensed in preparation for the werewolf's attack. But the Moon child didn't move an inch, and neither did Nettie.

"What's your name, girl?" Nettie asked.

Something inside Artemis told her to lie and lie well. "Grace," She answered swiftly.

The werewolf tensed, her shoulders hunching as she detected the lie. The girl's flat brown eyes narrowed. "Don't lie," She spat.

Artemis beared her fangs menacingly. "Don't make assumptions, dog," She snarled.

The werewolf lept to her feet, ready to pounce, and Artemis readied herself as well. She grinned humorlessly. "Try me," She threatened. "Just test my patience, wolf."

The werewolf launched herself across the kitchen table, knocking Artemis to the tile floor. The girl's eyes flashed a vibrant yellow as her instincts took over, but before anyone could make a move, a shot was fired into the air.

"Haley!" Nettie scolded, a shotgun clutched against her shoulder. Her index finger stroked the trigger lovingly, as if she was used to the gun's presence. "You phase in my house, and I will shoot you like a dog." She glared at Artemis. "You," She said, pointing the gun. "You come into my house stirring up trouble? What is your name, girl?"

Artemis was terrified of the little old lady--something she'd never admit to anyone; being scared of a measly human. "A-artemis," She stuttered quickly.

"Queer name," Haley, the werewolf, growled as she hopped to her feet. Before Artemis could retort, Haley left the kitchen.

Nettie glowered at the young vampire as she got to her feet. "How long do you plan on staying?" She demanded.

"I wasn't," Artemis replied coolly.

"Fine, fine," Nettie relented. "You leave right now, and I'll just watch those shadow hunters devour you."

Artemis frowned. "How do you know so much?"

"You learn a lot when your grandson's a--"

"Gran?" A human voice sounded from the front door.

"In here, deary!" Nettie called back.

A tall, lanky figure resembling the shadow hunter Artemis had encountered minutes earlier appeared in the doorway to the kitchen. His eyes were a gentle, warm hazel, and he was smiling, at least, until he locked eyes with her. His face contorted into a disgusted scowl.

"This is Cedric," Nettie said proudly. "He's Didier's brother."

Cedric grunted. "Gran, I really wish you would take my dad's advice and stop taking in trash like--"

"Trash like what?" Artemis wondered aloud, her voice cold and venemous.

"Vampires, werewolves, whatever walks through that God-damned door," He said, looking at her with distaste.

"Cedric Wilcox, I swear on all that is holy, if you don't stop your nagging I'll feed you to this girl."

Cedric and Artemis both winced.

Nettie smiled and returned to the stove. "Soup's ready," She said. "Cedric, go find Beth. I think she's out back. Artemis, sit down and for God's sake, don't pick a fight with anyone.

tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:06 am

oh my goodness.
    this is so funny and great Smile
    sof,or something
    sof,or something

Post by sof,or something Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:58 am

It's great. Just like everything you write(:
    amber-
    amber-

Post by amber- Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:23 pm

Cedric! Oh my my my.
    This is so good to read. =]
    sb

Post by sb Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:27 am

AN: Thanks everyone! Here's some more drabble. x]

Beth, Artemis found out, was a sickly, pale ghost of a girl with white blonde hair and milky blue eyes. Oh, and she wasn't human. But Artemis couldn't seem to register what she was. Beth's aura was in constant motion, bending and twisting out of Artemis's grasp in a never-ending torment.

The meer thought made Artemis hiss in frustration.

Cedric, a measly human much like Nettie, gave her a glare so deadly she was sure it would kill her if she was mortal.

But Beth just sat there, silent and motionless, almost like a piece of art, sculpted so delicately and carefully by the finest of artists. She looked like a witch, but she had the quick pitter-pattering heartbeat of a mermaid. She had human enough features, yet they were ghost-like; almost translucent.

"Stop staring at her," Cedric snapped. His eyes were blazing as he continued to stare down Artemis.

Artemis was unfazed, and she was able to keep a poker face until Nettie set down a steaming bowl of mush in front of her. "What is that?" She asked, her tone lace with repulsion.

Cedric grunted, and Nettie smiled. "Soup," She said, spooning out another bowl from the pot. "And if ya don't want it, then you can make yourself useful and fetch Didier from the basement."

Artemis's normally slow-beating heart picked up its pace at the mention of the shadow hunter. She swallowed and nodded, despite her fear. She couldn't let these freaks know she was intimidated; it'd be the end of her.

She wandered into the hallway and realized she didn't know where the basement was. There were two doors on either side of the hall, and she chose the one on the right. Coat closet. She opened the other one and found a set of stairs leading down into the darkness.

The darkness she welcomed, embraced, let it wrap around her comfortingly. She immediately relaxed until a hand shot out and clutched her throat.

In the dark, she could make out Didier's scowl. "You fool. You think I'm going to abide by my idiot grandmother's rules?"

Artemis gasped for air as he tightened his grip, and her hand instinctively came up to grab his wrist. When she wrapped her fingers around his hand, bright white light exploded in her vision. She was blind, the only familiar thing being Didier's arm, and his hand on her neck.

Didier inhaled sharply, but he was no longer in the basement either. They were in the woods, next to a stream, and it was dusk. There was a little boy playing in the water and another on the shore watching.

A woman with sharp features appeared, and immediately, the little boy playing in the water dashed away into the woods without warning. The other boy stayed stone-still as the woman approached him.

Artemis stared at the boy, trying to place him. He looked so familiar, she was sure she'd seen him before. Then the woman spoke.

"Innocent little brat," She snarled. "You'll look at me when I speak to you."

The boy still didn't move, or even look up at the woman. He continued to stare at the water, fear etched onto his face.

Then the woman lashed out with her hand, knocking the boy onto his back. She pulled out a seraph blade, what shadow hunters often used to kill vampires, and she hit him with it, over and over.

Artemis stared, and suddenly, the boy's eyes locked with hers. They were a stone cold black. She was so surprised, she let go of Didier's arm. The bright light returned again, and suddenly they were back in the basement.

"What the fuck was that?" Didier hissed, shaking her by the neck. "What did you do to me?"

Artemis couldn't speak. She didn't know what she'd done. All she could think about was that little boy with the black eyes; the terror and pain in his eyes as the seraph blade came down onto his stomach over and over, leaving thick black burn marks in its wake.

"That little boy, that was you," She said quietly. "Who was that woman? Why was she hitting--"

"Enough," Didier said, cutting off her air supply. With his free hand, he pulled out his own seraph and raised it above her head. One blow and she would be dust. "You think after a stunt like that I'm going to let you live? No way--"

"Didier!"

Artemis looked up at the silhouette at the top of the stairs.

"You know you'll be banished if you kill her." Cedric flicked on a light switch, and a single bulb illuminated the dark basement. He marhced down the stairs and stood in front of Didier. "Let her go, Didier."

Didier slowly, reluctantly released Artemis, and she quickly gulped in air. He stormed past her and Cedric, heading up the stairs and around the corner without another word.

Last edited by sb on Sat May 21, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
    amber-
    amber-

Post by amber- Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:13 pm

Is it okay to say I kind of shivered from that chapter? My gosh, you're so brilliant with imagery<33
    Rachh<3
    Rachh<3

Post by Rachh<3 Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:51 pm

lovvve it.!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content