REVOLOUTINARY

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

One shot

AmandaRose
    AmandaRose

One shot Empty One shot

Post by AmandaRose Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:16 pm

I opened my eyes but saw nothing. It didn't even matter. I didn't want to see. I didn't want to see the thousands of people watching my embarassment. All I wanted was to get out of there.

Pushing myself up I tried to maneuver my way to the bench. "OW!" Pain shot through my back and my knee as I took a step. My knee hit the balance beam and my back still hurt from my fall. I cursed low under my breath and called for my coach.

I heard her pounding footsteps on the mat. "I can't see, and I hurt all over." I didn't see her of course, but I knew she had waved a medical team over.

In seconds flat they were tossing out directions to lay on the stretcher, and I felt myself lifted from the ground and carried far away. The announcer came on saying that my routine was postponed until I had medical help for my fall.

*Two weeks later*

"Mom! Please!" I begged, "I need to go back, I have to finish."

"No! You can't see and you'll hurt yourself even more!"

I twisted my face into a grimace. Yes, I still can't see. They have declared me officially blind. It just proves how dangerous gymnastics is, yet how worth it the risk is. Gymnastics is my life, my passion, my escape. And I planned to finish my routine, blind or not.

I practiced that routine till I knew it like the back of my hand, forwards and backwards. I know I could do it. Even blind. I just needed a little help.

"Hello. Coach?"

"Lainalli?"

"Yeah. I need you help, I gotta finish that routine."

"Lan, you're blind, it's just too big a risk, you..."

"Can do it. Just get me there and I'll win."

"Fine."

*Two days later*

"Are you sure your able to do this?"

"Yes! I'm sure, just guide me onto the beam and I'll be fine."

She slowly walked me to the beam and got me balanced.

I took a deep breath, pulling my hands up above my head, and leting it out again. I took a step and flipped. Spinning into my routine I landed a perfect ending, and laughed as the crowd cheered for me once again.

Random one shot, must go xD

kel$ey
    kel$ey

One shot Empty Re: One shot

Post by kel$ey Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:56 pm

This was good.
    It does show how dangerous gymnastics is.
    None of my friends think gymnastics and cheer are two of the most dangerous sports.
    Rachh<3
    Rachh<3

Post by Rachh<3 Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:12 pm

cute [:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:25 am