REVOLOUTINARY

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
amber-
chronic
Morgayne
claire
aberdoddles42
sb
10 posters

ecstasy [one-shot]

sb

ecstasy [one-shot] Empty ecstasy [one-shot]

Post by sb Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:34 pm

You miss it, don't you? The feeling of ecstasy when she slid her fingers across the back of your neck. The subtle way your breathing escalated whenever she was near, just so you could smell her. The glances you'd sneak while you watched TV, hoping to catch her staring.

It was addicting. She was addicting. She was a black hole, and she sucked you in so easily. She infected you like a disease, a horrifying, viral plague that couldn't be cured. Like cancer, but at least with cancer you can die. You couldn't die from too much of her.

She's everywhere. Her sweater hangs from the top of your bathroom door. Her scent lingers on your sheets and pillows that were so very rarely used for sleeping. Her notes, the lists from the last few months you got to spend with her.

How forgetful she had become towards the end. She wrote reminders on post-it notes and hung them everywhere. On the dresser, the bathroom mirror, the kitchen sink, the coffee table in your living room, anywhere they would stick.

They're still there. You can't take them down, not without worrying that she'll be looking for them come tomorrow when she can't remember where she left her favorite scarf. You're so hopeful, so full of lust and love and longing that you just know she'll have to come back.

You're crazy with grief.

She didn't want you; that was why she left. You weren't enough to keep her grounded, to give her what she needed. She didn't trust you as much as you had thought. She didn't love you as much as you had hoped.

If she had, you wouldn't have to carry her image around in your head every single day. It's not a particularly flattering image, her body hanging limp from the shower curtain rod.

At first you were disturbed, horrified, crushed. You knew she was depressed, and you could see she was dwindling; that time was running out. But you didn't ever speak up because you're so selfish. You wanted her to be yours and yours alone.

It's only fair, right? That she belong to you? Because you belonged to her in every way possible. She had you trapped body, mind and soul. It's only fair that you wanted her to be the same way.

But she was never like you. She was a flight risk with a taste for spontaneity. She was a mockingbird of the worst kind. She landed, but she never settled. Her feathers ruffled and she had the ticking urge to fly; to soar high above everyone else, completely out of reach.

You wanted to move out, at first, to escape the memories. They swirled around you, engulfed you, choked you as you tried so terribly to just move on. But that's just it, isn't it?

You like the reminders. You like the pain and suffering because you know you're relating to her in some way. She suffered, and so you must suffer too. Suffering seems like such an easy outlet, and you'd gladly suffer if it means getting closer to her.

You blame yourself more often than anything else. If you had only... If you had just... If, if, if. You just want her back.

You want her somehow-always-freezing toes to smash against your legs in the middle of the night. You want her laughter to fill the apartment. You want the long sleepless nights when you just sat with her; wanting to be happy but not able to because she was so sad. You want her fingers to slip down the collar of your shirt; you want the escalated breathing, the goosebumps, the ecstasy of her.

You miss it, don't you?

AN: Honestly, I have no clue. I just really let go with this one. The italics are just for funsies. I think they make it sound cool if you emphasize in the right places; at least to me. x]

Last edited by sb on Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    aberdoddles42
    aberdoddles42

ecstasy [one-shot] Empty Re: ecstasy [one-shot]

Post by aberdoddles42 Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:36 pm

I love this!
    Good Job <3
    claire
    claire

Post by claire Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:38 pm

SDKFJKAJDFASDF. I really do love this. The italics aren't my favorite..ah well.
    My favorite lines:
    But she was never like you. She was a flight risk with a taste for spontaneity. She was a mockingbird of the worst kind. She landed, but she never settled. Her feathers ruffled and she had the ticking urge to fly; to soar high above everyone else, completely out of reach.

I LOVE IT.

Morgayne
    Morgayne

Post by Morgayne Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Best part Smile
    I think this is my favorite one shot of yours
    amazing <3
    Morgayne
    Morgayne

Post by Morgayne Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:39 pm

claire wrote:SDKFJKAJDFASDF. I really do love this. The italics aren't my favorite..ah well.
    My favorite lines:

I LOVE IT.

Surprised you totally just stole my favorite part
    claire
    claire

Post by claire Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:40 pm

FINDERS KEEPERS. (Does that even make sense? Lmao whatevz.)
    sb

Post by sb Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:45 pm

THANKS, GUYS<3333

Question: Was it obvious at first that she committed suicide? Or was it kind of a slap in the face? BE HONEST. I could work out the kink in that part.

P.S. Claire, I'm iffy about the italics too. I think I should have bolded them because people might emphasize wrong. I don't know x]
    claire
    claire

Post by claire Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:49 pm

It was obvious that she wasn't alive, but at first I wasn't sure how she died....so it was a BIT of a slap, but not really.

Morgayne
    Morgayne

Post by Morgayne Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:51 pm

sb wrote:THANKS, GUYS<3333

Question: Was it obvious at first that she committed suicide? Or was it kind of a slap in the face? BE HONEST. I could work out the kink in that part.

P.S. Claire, I'm iffy about the italics too. I think I should have bolded them because people might emphasize wrong. I don't know x]

I was surprised!
    At first I thought she had just left him.
    so a bit of a slap in the face x)
    but I think that adds to it

Claire, no. It is mine.
    claire
    claire

Post by claire Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:53 pm

GO EAT A DESK. MYYYYYYYYYYNE.
    chronic
    chronic

Post by chronic Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:39 am

damn sar bar this is so poetic.
    digg it to the highest degree.
    amber-
    amber-

Post by amber- Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:01 am

morgayne wrote:
    claire wrote:SDKFJKAJDFASDF. I really do love this. The italics aren't my favorite..ah well.
    My favorite lines:

I LOVE IT.

Surprised you totally just stole my favorite part

WTH YOU TWO. That was my favorite part! I copied it while I was reading and then I read the comments...asdfghjkl;asdfghjkl; Yeah, just like that. (and that line reminded me of the Hunger Games with the mockingbird reference.)

I knew she was dead right from the get go but I didn't know she committed suicide. That was a surprise! Amazing job, SB. =]
    ibelieveinfairies
    ibelieveinfairies

Post by ibelieveinfairies Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:17 am

I thought this was an amazing one-shot, Sb.
    I honestly don't know how you do it. xP
    sb

Post by sb Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:31 pm

Thanks, everyone. You're all so sweet!

I think this might be one of my favorite one-shots x]

Is that conceited?
    claire
    claire

Post by claire Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:32 pm

No, I think it's mine too. <3