REVOLOUTINARY

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
claire
amber-
LaurenElizabeth
sb
8 posters

dream of roses.

sb

dream of roses. Empty dream of roses.

Post by sb Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:41 pm

Dear Friend,

I'd like you to know that this is my first and last letter to you. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone who you are, and I think it's fair to say that you won't know who I am. From one anonymous friend to another? You can call me Eric, though; I don't want to seem to impersonal.

I guess I should start out by telling you about her. Yeah, this letter's about a girl; a girl I love a lot and not in that sisterly way. It's about a girl I would like to do things with if she wanted to, but she doesn't want to. But I guess that's a different story.

Anyway, her name is Rose, like the flower. Only she's prettier and she smells nicer too. I like the way she smells; like mint and spices. It's a unique smell that I only associate with her. Rose is 17, and I am 15. She calls me 'kid' and kisses my forehead like I'm her little brother or something. Sometimes I get angry because she just turned sixteen last month, and my birthday is in a few weeks; so she's not that much older than me. But she just laughs at me and tells me to stop pouting and then she'll push my hair away from my forehead and plant a big kiss right above my eyebrows.

Those days are the worst. When she calls me 'kid' or pushes my hair back from my forehead, my heart breaks a little. Pretty soon, I'm just gonna be left with a bunch of pieces because Rose is leaving for college in less than a month.

I guess I should tell you what happened last week though. Last week, Rose kissed me on the lips and told me she loved me; not like a sister loves a brother, she said. I guess I should be happy, but I wasn't. Because when Rose told me this she was crying.

And it made me very sad.

I don't know why she was crying, but I hugged her anyway and told her I loved her back. This just made her cry harder. She said she was going to miss me so much when she goes away to college. This made me cry too.

Then she laughed at me for crying and called me a baby, but I guess she felt bad about it because after she said that she kissed me again. On the lips. I just want to make that clear.

So I don't know what to do now because every day I have to help Rose pack a little more of her stuff. We have two suitcases full already, and she has two weeks left.

My heart is still breaking because sometimes Rose acts as if the kiss never happened; as if she never told me she loved me not like a sister loves a brother. Sometimes she'll push my hair back from my forehead and kiss me right in between my eyebrows.

But sometimes she'll grab my hand and pull me close so that our heads are together, and she'll tell me she loves me not like a sister loves a brother. And sometimes I'll lean forward and kiss her on the lips. Sometimes she pushes me away and says, "It's not like that."

Then I ask, "What is it like?"

And she starts crying really hard and fast and holds me so tight I feel like I can't breathe. Then I feel bad for trying to kiss her, and I tell her she can call me 'kid' if she wants. She smiles sometimes and ruffles my hair, and other times she kisses me on the lips.

I'd like you to know that Rose is very confusing. She's my best friend and the girl of my dreams, and I think she loves me not like a sister loves a brother sometimes. But other times she tells me we're just friends.

I don't know what I'll do. But I know Rose will have to give me a straight answer before she gets on that bus in two weeks. I promise myself, and I'll promise you, my friend, that even if she cries, I'll get an answer.

Because every night I dream about Rose, and every day I spend hours with Rose. Rose is my best friend, and I love her very much.

I wish I could send you more letters after this one and tell you what happens, but friend, I don't really know, and I wish you the best with the Rose in your life. Oh, and I wish you the best with everything else, especially if you don't have a Rose in your life; which I'd consider very lucky.

Sincerely,

Eric

AN: Found my copy of Perks gathering dust under my bed. That along with Miryam's new story inspired this one-shot. BTW this one-shot is fictional, unlike a lot of my others.

Last edited by sb on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LaurenElizabeth
    LaurenElizabeth

dream of roses. Empty Re: dream of roses.

Post by LaurenElizabeth Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:44 pm

omg that was amaziiinggg, i looved it<3
    amber-
    amber-

Post by amber- Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:11 am

Oh wow my copy of Perks (stealing your abbreviation) came in the mail the other week haha.

Anyway, this was stunning. And I hope everything works out for the better for you<33
    sb

Post by sb Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Thanks, you two!

Haha Amber this one-shot was fictional x]
    claire
    claire

Post by claire Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:29 pm

i haven't read (the perks of being a wallflower) yet, (i need to!) but this was just...amazing.
    the emotions, everything. i loved it!
    amber-
    amber-

Post by amber- Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:53 pm

sb wrote:Thanks, you two!

Haha Amber this one-shot was fictional x]

Yw and lol yeah but the whole college thing reminded me of you and someone else haha.
    But my bad! x]
    Lee
    Lee

Post by Lee Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Omg sb this is amazing!
    I love it (:
    as I was reading it I was thinking "this character sounds like the main guy from
    perks of being a wallflower" x]
    Morgayne
    Morgayne

Post by Morgayne Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:30 pm

awww this is adorable! Smile
    I want to read that book
    Morgayne
    Morgayne

Post by Morgayne Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:32 pm

I just looked up the book on Wikipedia
    and it said the movie is going to have Emma Watson and Logan Lerman
    which sounds amazing! Smile haha
    (sorry, off topic, lol)
    caitlynn<3
    caitlynn<3

Post by caitlynn<3 Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:51 pm

this was really good...and sarah is that you in your avvie?
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:36 pm

incredible!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:34 am