REVOLOUTINARY

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Blue Skies are just...Chances.

allee<3
    allee<3

Blue Skies are just...Chances. Empty Blue Skies are just...Chances.

Post by allee<3 Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:02 pm

Blue Skies are just...Chances.
    Blue Skies are just...Chances. Blue_s10

Chances are we’ll find two destinations
    Chances roll away from me
    Still chances are more than expectations
    The possibilities
    Over me
    Eight to five, two to one
    Lay your money on the sun
    until you crash what have you done?
    Is there a better bet than love?
    What you are is what you breathe.
    You gotta cry before you sing.

Chances…
    -"Chances" by Five for Fighting

Prologue
    Ella thought she’d never see a blue sky again. All her skies were gray…because of chances. Chances were that Ella’s dad would die. Chances were that Ella would be heartbroken. And all of these chances came true. What wasn’t a chance was that Ella would fall in love in the process.

Chapter 1
    Ella sat on her bed, packing up the last of her things into her purple duffle. All her clothes were too cheery, a symbol of her life before…well, everything, had happened. They were in no way an expression of her now. Now, she was more like an adult than a teen. Her shiny, straight brown hair had lost its luster and volume and now was mousy and flat. Her aquamarine eyes were now a shade of gray and she had bags under her eyes from loss of sleep. She now only wore sweats and t-shirts, instead of her girly shirts, shorts, and flip-flops that used to be her uniform. She hadn’t talked to her friends in ages. She never played her guitar anymore. She wasn’t even a teenager anymore. Everything was lifeless. She was lifeless. She had some resentment towards her mom fro sending her away at a time like this, but she also knew she was trying to do the right thing. She packed up all her girly clothes (by force, her mom wouldn’t let her pack sweats), shoes, books, and her guitar before finally adding the last piece to her bag, the piece that was most important, the last happy picture of her dad that she had. She stared at it for a few seconds, feeling tears come to her eyes and one fall down her cheek, before adding it gingerly to her bag and zipping it up, heading to the car and to the summer that was now before her.

Chapter 2
    Ella climbed on the big, yellow bus and sat in the hot, brown seat, scooting in all the way and setting her bag down on the space beside her, serving as a barrier between her and the rest of the kids. The bus slowly filled up and she felt all eyes on her. Everyone else seemed to know each other and soon the bus filled with anxious chatter and all the seats were full, except for the seat beside her. The doors were creaking shut when everyone heard, “Hey! Wait…stop! I’m coming!”

The doors creaked back open and a shaggy brown-haired, green-eyed boy climbed onto the bus. He had that easy look about him. He oozed confidence and he knew how hot he was. All the girls caught their breath and all the boys glared with jealous looks. Everyone knew him…but Ella. He walked down the aisle, talking to people, giving hugs, slapping fives, before stopping at her seat. She sat up and stared up at him, feeling like a midget.

“Is this seat taken?” he asked, a smile spreading on his face.

“No.” she said, moving her bag down to under her feet. He plopped down in the seat, gave her one last curious look, and the bus pulled away. She sat their in silence for the first 2 hours, writing a letter to Jessica, her only friend that stayed true to her during her dad’s illness, and listening to her purple iPod Nano, all the time sneaking looks at the cute guy sitting beside her. After stopping at a gas station for a bathroom break, she came back on the bus to find the cute guy in her seat and the seat that he had been originally sitting in empty. She calmly walked back to her seat and stared at him until he looked up from the phone he was texting on.

“That’s my seat.” she said once he stared back at her with those amazing green eyes. It was all she could do to keep the edge to her voice present.

“Sorry. I got carsick on the way here. Is it okay if I sit here for the rest of the trip?” he said, smiling that brilliant smile that made her go weak in the knees.

“Sure.” she said, smiling her own small, shy smile, surprising everyone, including her and the boy.

“I’m Camden, by the way. I don’t think I ever introduced myself.” He said, still smiling that smile and putting out his hand for her to shake.

“Ella.” She said, shaking his hand, grabbing her bag from his lap, and plopping down in the seat beside him. Camden pestered her with questions the whole ride, everything from her favorite color to her favorite childhood memory. She surprisingly found herself laughing almost the whole ride at his funny impressions and witty comebacks to her own sarcastic ones.

Before long, they pulled off into a dirt road lined on both sides with deep, dark forest. They drove on this road for a long time before suddenly pulling off into a big clearing that held about 20 other buses just like the one they were on. The bus pulled to a stop and suddenly, it was loud. She got out of the seat and before long, lost sight of Camden. Surprising herself, she sighed out loud.

“Stop it!” she said to herself, “You barely know him! You can’t like him!” Oh, but she did…big time.

Last edited by AlleeMae(: on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total
    allee<3
    allee<3

Blue Skies are just...Chances. Empty Re: Blue Skies are just...Chances.

Post by allee<3 Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:04 pm

bump! Chapter 1 is up!!!
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:20 pm

wow, i love it<3
    sad, but cloud with a silver lining(:
    more !
    allee<3
    allee<3

Post by allee<3 Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:49 pm

More coming soon! (:
    allee<3
    allee<3

Post by allee<3 Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:09 am

BUMP!
    And thanks Tibs! It is! It gets better farther in the story...when the love interest comes! (:
    allee<3
    allee<3

Post by allee<3 Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:03 am

Chapter 2 up now! (:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content