REVOLOUTINARY

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

broken glass [one-shot]

sb

broken glass [one-shot] Empty broken glass [one-shot]

Post by sb Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:04 am

"Get over yourself."

I stop talking, unsure if he really just said what I think he said. "What?" I say, turning in my seat to look at him.

He keeps his eyes on the road because he knows I can win this fight if he makes eye contact with me. Plus, he can keep better track of his thoughts this way. He says, very purposely, "Get over yourself. Just let go, Sarah, you're sixteen and you don't have anything to worry about right now. College is--"

"Oh my God, Adam," I say, shaking my head in disbelief. "You're actually pulling that right now. Really? Honestly?"

"Once you're older you'll understand you just have to let some things go," He says with a casual shrug.

I hesitate because it's Kyle's homecoming tonight and I don't want to ruin it for him by fighting with his older brother. But then I say, "Fuck you, Adam. Seriously."

"Whoa, chill out--"

"No, you know what? No, I won't chill out. You're really pulling the age card? You are two years older than me," I can't stop, I can't stop and I don't know why but I have this desperate urge to hurt him, to make him feel how I feel every time I'm with him, "and you're not as cool as you think you are. Two years, Adam, two years!

"Who are you to tell me to let go? You're the most uptight and self-conscious person I know! How can you honestly sit there and say that when you can't even get dressed without a second opinion?!"

He looks at me, for the briefest second, and the glassy look in his eyes makes me regret everything I just said. Before I have the chance to apologize though, he digs the hole deeper. "At least I don't chase after someone who will never like me back."

I can't... I can't even look at him. He knows. I don't know when he figured it out but he knew and he used it against me in the worst way without any shame. I close my eyes because if I open them I'll look at him, and then I'll start crying and he'll realize he got to me.

I can't let him win. "Adam," I say, ignoring the choking feeling in the back of my throat. "Stop making things up."

His jaw drops and I realize maybe he was hoping I'd admit it, but he was wrong. I'll never admit my feelings as long as we live, especially after the stunt he just pulled. "God," He says, swinging into the parking lot of Kyle's school, "you really are a bitch."

"And you," I say, "are the worst person I've ever met."

The silence that follows will never, ever leave my memory. It's branded into my mind, painful and remindful of the ten years of friendship I shattered in less than five minutes.

AN: Not exactly how it happened, but close enough to say I'm telling the truth.
    Zoe
    Zoe

broken glass [one-shot] Empty Re: broken glass [one-shot]

Post by Zoe Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:08 am

Aww, Sarah. ):
    amber-
    amber-

Post by amber- Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:53 am

Oh no, Sarah. Your raw emotions asdfghjkl. I love you.
    Steph<3
    Steph<3

Post by Steph<3 Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:40 pm

That awkward moment when some bitch tells you to get over yourself,
    and you're like "the fuck?" bitch, I'm awesome.

No. That was beautiful.
    I loved it. :]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:59 pm