REVOLOUTINARY

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
AshleyBrooke
nants
BetsyisMiley(;
sof,or something
caitlynn<3
Snookers
erika!
Steph<3
kel$ey
Rachh<3
IZZY
tibby
16 posters

playing her cards. [chapter 20]

tibby
    tibby

playing her cards. [chapter 20] Empty playing her cards. [chapter 20]

Post by tibby Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:30 pm

playing her cards.
    playing her cards. [chapter 20] Img-th11

Taylor lived in Los Angeles, California. Pete lived in Keizer, Oregon. Over her family's annual Oregon trip, Taylor's mom reconnected with Paula, her long lost friend from high school, and they hit it off, resulting in Taylor's mom, sister, brother, and her staying at their house for 3 days. At first, Pete was just a hookup for her. No big deal. But once they got to really know each other, they developed feelings for each other. But in the end, Taylor had to go back home and long distance like that just never works out. She thought she maybe loved him. He thought he maybe loved her.
    "Promise to be single the next time I see you." Taylor smiled at him, the night sky bright above them, his arms wrapped around her.
    "Of course." He smiled, pulling her closer.
    She pouted. "How do you know for sure?" She questioned.
    "Because I never have a girlfriend anyways." He kissed her nose and she smiled, snuggling deeper into his arms.
    A month later, he had a girlfriend. Of course. And according to facebook, she was "a great kisser;)," which pretty much made Taylor sick. And then, three days later, her parents lost everything in a bum insurance agency. They took all of their money and left, leaving the Black family with nothing but what they had. And so Paula told them to come up there. Help them get back on their feet again. So five days later, after dreaming about seeing Pete again, Taylor was going to see him. And live with him. And he had a girlfriend. Could this get any more complicated?

Last edited by tibby on Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:14 pm; edited 14 times in total
    tibby
    tibby

playing her cards. [chapter 20] Empty Re: playing her cards. [chapter 20]

Post by tibby Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:32 pm

chapter one.

As we pulled into the driveway the thoughts of this past summer swirled in my head. But Pete had a girlfriend now. And I was pretty much living in his house. Cool. And my dad was staying in a motel in Salem, trying to find a job. Even cooler. The entire Phelps family poured out of the house as my mom swiftly parked our motorhome on the side of their house. Paula and Ben gave me big hugs and I moved down the line of kids. Emma, who was 11, Jon, who was 12, Mike, who was 13, and Pete who was 15. I hugged Pete last.
    "Hey." He said into my ear as I hugged him.
    "Hi," I replied distantly, and turned away from him.
    We were swept inside to eat a late dinner and so mom and Paula could catch up. I was quiet most of the night, which is incredibly uncharacteristic of me. Tomorrow was mine and Pete's first day of sophomore year at his school. For freshman year I had gone to an all-girls Catholic school. Where no one got ready in the mornings and nobody shaved their legs until the weekend for the lack of boys. But I was going to make a legitimate effort to get ready in the mornings. I used the excuse of getting sleep to head in early and slip away from Pete. Because Pete had a girlfriend, and it wasn't me.
    The next morning was rough getting ready, not only because I had to get used to getting ready in the mornings, but I wanted to be a show-stopper. I planned on making him want what he can't have. I had a painted floral high-waisted skirt pulled over a grey v-neck sweater and gladiator sandals on. My makeup was seemingly flawless. If I knew one thing should be true, a hot, new, California girl would get boys other than Pete. Which is exactly what I intended to do. I grabbed my black studded purse, a gift from Sasha before I left, and opened it. A couple of pencils and pens, and paper. Pete said they provided everything else. Paula thrust a 5 dollar bill into my hand as I walked out the door and before I could protest, Pete honked the horn. Did I mention he could drive? So the car ride in the mornings and afternoon would be just us. I climbed into the passenger seat and slammed the door, and he embarked on the 20 minute drive.
    He glanced over at me. "You look nice." He said.
    "Thanks." I replied icily.
    "What the hells wrong with you?" He asked, his jaw clenching.
    "Are you sure Jenna won't get mad at you for talking to me?" I said dryly.
    He sighed. "Who knew that you were going to move up here? I didn't." He said.
    "Yeah, well neither did I. And I didn't have a boyfriend to say goodbye to." I snapped.
    "Shit, Taylor. I didn't know, okay?" Pete's hands tightened on the wheel.
    "Clearly." I replied in a hard voice, grabbing the iPod and clicking "Not Afraid" by Eminem and turning the volume all the way up. He looked at me but I looked out the window. At last, we pulled up into the parking lot at the school. I got out and slammed the door, setting off.
    "You don't know where you're going." Pete called after me.
    I exhaled in frustration and wheeled around. "I'll find my way." I said.
    "Well that sucks. Because you're walking off campus." Pete said. I glared at him.
    "Come on." He motioned over his shoulder and I reluctantly followed him.
    At least I knew a couple other people here. Cody, Shay, Kira, and Tim. Of course, all of Pete's friends. But at least I wasn't completely dependent on him. If I was, I'd probably walk back home and live with Sasha, seeing as that would be a better alternative.
    IZZY
    IZZY

Post by IZZY Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:42 pm

ooooh, like the concept:)
    Rachh<3
    Rachh<3

Post by Rachh<3 Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:14 pm

i like it [:
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:29 pm

chapter two.

I was opening my new locker at lunch when someone walked up to me. I glanced up and it was Pete, and another girl.
    "Jenna, this is Taylor. Taylor, this is Jenna." Pete said firmly. It was like he was determined to not sound awkward.
    I stared at him. "Are you kidding me?" I asked. Before he could say anything, or she could, for that matter, I hugged her. "It's nice to meet you." I told his girlfriend. Even if I was mad at Pete, I wasn't the type of girl who is a bitch to the new girl. She hasn't done anything to me.
    "It's nice to meet you too." She smiled, a surprised look on her face. She gripped his hand tighter.
    "So, I'm going to go find my biology class...bye guys." I smiled politely and turned.
    "It's the other way, Tay." Pete said. I winced slightly.
    "Right." I nodded and spun on my heel, going the other way.
    I walked down the halls and found Mrs. Watkins' class at last. I set my books down and left the room, finding the cafeteria easily. I just followed the noise that was erupting from it. I pulled the five dollars out that Paula had pushed into my hand this morning and looked at the selection. I eventually grabbed an apple and paid a dollar, and looked around the cafeteria.
    "New here?" A voice said behind me and it was Pete's best friend, Cody Bond.
    "Cobond!" I grinned and through my arms around him.
    "Black girl!" He laughed and high fived me after letting me go. Since my last name was black and he was black, we were black family!
    "Let's go sit down." He motioned. I followed him to a table where I saw Shay and she jumped up and hugged me.
    "I can't believe you're here!" She laughed and pulled me into a seat.
    "I hardly can either." I smiled, biting into my apple.
    Just then, Pete and Jenna walked in. I looked down at my apple and took another bite. Pete scanned the room and saw Cody and sat down across from me at the table. I didn't make eye contact. I looked up to see Cody studying me. I struck up a conversation with Shay, and I asked her when soccer tryouts were.
    "Well, I'm a cheerleader so I'm not sure but they should be soon." She smiled.
    "You're really going to try out?" Pete asked me.
    "Being on a team means having a family. And it would be nice to have a family at McNary." I said, leveling with him.
    Oblivious, Shay grinned. "You've got us."
    "Yeah." I smiled. "I've got you guys."
    The bell rang and I got up, chucking my apple core into the bin.
    "What's your next class?" Cody asked me.
    "Biology with Watkins." I answered. He smiled, "Same."
    He fell into step with me in the crowded hallway and we were quiet. It was nice walking to class with a friend. It's not something you appreciate until you don't know hardly anyone. "It must suck." Cody said as we weaved between students.
    "What must?" I asked, playing dumb.
    "Seeing Pete with Jenna." Cody said flat out.
    I smiled. "Yeah, it does."
    "Why are you smiling?" He laughed.
    "Because you're the only person who would say that to my face!" I grinned.
    "Family doesn't lie." He winked. "Nice dig at lunch by the way."
    "You shoulda been in the car this morning." I rolled my eyes.
    "He loved you." Cody said.
    I blinked hard. "What?" I asked. That came out of no where.
    "He wouldn't shut up about you. He needed to get over you, so he got with Jenna. Then you showed up. . . He's so confused about everything." Cody whispered as we strode into class. I pulled him into the seat next to me and I stared at him.
    "He could have waited." I whispered.
    "He's a boy." Cody countered.
    "When it comes to relationships, I act like one. He could have just hooked up with her." I huffed.
    "Would that be any better?" Cody asked.
    I inhaled deeply. "But when it comes down to it, he'll pick her. And he'll never find another girl like me." I said firmly.
    "You're right. He won't." Cody agreed and I glanced at him, and class started.
    Pete told Cody he loved me. That still doesn't make up for the fact that he loves her.

Last edited by tibby on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    IZZY
    IZZY

Post by IZZY Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:43 pm

awww, cody's cute,<3333333333
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:56 pm

haha thank you(:
    kel$ey
    kel$ey

Post by kel$ey Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:06 pm

I really do love this<33
    Steph<3
    Steph<3

Post by Steph<3 Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:23 pm

How about I dump Ben, and just marry Cody?
    He's so cutee! Smile
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:00 am

yes he's a sweetheart(:
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:16 pm

chapter three.

I stood by the car as Pete came ambling up. He clicked the "unlock button" and waited until I was preoccupied with getting into the car before kissing Jenna goodbye. I rolled my eyes and slammed the door and she broke it off and walked away quickly, her cheeks flaming. Pete got in the car and closed the door.
    "Hey." He said, fiddling with the iPod before settling on "The Great Escape" and pulling out of the spot.
    "Hi." I said, not quite as mean as I had been earlier.
    "Thanks." He said quietly and I looked at him in surprise.
    "For what?" I asked. I had been nothing but a short of a bitch with him.
    "For being nice to Jenna." He responded, slightly wincing as if waiting for my reaction to the name.
    "I'm not the big bad bitch you think I am." I replied, sounding more hurt than angry.
    Pete must have picked up on that too. "You know I don't think that, Taylor." He said, throwing me a glance.
    I stayed quiet. Quite honestly, what do you say to that?
    The song changed and he took that opportunity to speak again. "She really liked you." He said.
    "That goes for one of you." I said.
    Pete exhaled angrily. He regained his composure quickly, though. "She was nervous to meet you." He said evenly.
    "Pete, why would she be nervous to meet me?" I turned towards him, anger easing into my bloodstream.
    "Because she knows everything." Pete replied, taking a different way home than the way we had taken in the morning.
    "Oh, I can just imagine how that went down." I said bitterly. "Oh hey baby, I hooked up with this girl over the summer and I got with you to get over her, and she's coming to live with me, but don't worry babe, you're the only girl for me." I said the last part harsher than I had meant to but once I started I couldn't stop. I had what Tina Fey would call verbal diarrhea.
    "Who said I got with Jenna to get over you?" Pete asked quietly.
    I stumbled in my anger and I stared at him. "No one." I said, and it felt like I had just got punched in the diaphragm.
    "I did, but she doesn't need to know that." Pete said quietly.
    "You're right. Because living in a perfect bubble is better than living in reality." I said, and sat back, staring hard out the window determined to make the tears that prickled behind my eyes go back to where they came from.
    "We're here." Pete said, but we weren't at his house.
    "Where are we?" I asked, glad to hear that my voice didn't quiver.
    "You're mom thinks that you should kick around a ball and apparently I'm the toughest in the house. She says you play... rough." He smiled.
    "You got that right." I laughed and grabbed the ball from the back seat and ran off onto the green field, freedom filling my lungs.
    kel$ey
    kel$ey

Post by kel$ey Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:18 pm

playing her cards. [chapter 20] 887104
    IZZY
    IZZY

Post by IZZY Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:33 pm

eee:) more! rainbowheart
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:40 pm

for reallll? (:
    yay<3
    more to come!
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:31 pm

chapter four.

I drilled the ball one last time and it soared right under the goal post, to Pete's wincing expression. He grabbed the ball and flopped onto the ground next to me, and pulled two red gatorades out of his backpack.
    "Cheers." He said, opening both and handing one to me. I clinked my plastic lip against his and took a hearty swig. I sat back on my hands and stared out at the field, where I had smoked Pete again and again.
    "Your mom wasn't kidding about you being rough." He rubbed his thigh, where I had accidentally kneed him, and winced.
    I laughed. "I've never been one for playing it safe."
    "You should make varsity." He smiled and nodded, as if confirming it to himself too.
    "I don't know about that," I admitted, "but it would be really cool to make either team."
    "You will." Pete reassured me and I smiled.
    We were quiet for a little bit, drinking our gatorades and our heart rates going back to normal.
    "This is nice." Pete said after the silence. I nodded.
    "Can we be friends?" He asked quietly. "Just like this."
    I thought about it for a moment. "Yeah. We can." I breathed.
    "Good." He smiled. I scrunched up my face, remembering something. "What is it?" He asked.
    "I have asthma. So someone always needs to be on hand by the field at games with my inhaler." I remembered. I didn't like giving it to coach's. Call me stupid, but I was worried they would lose it. It's happened before.
    "I'll do it." He said. I glanced at him in surprise.
    "You have football." I said. "You can't do it."
    He chuckled. "At McNary, they're a bit more supportive of the teams. If another sport has a game, we can go to it. Besides, there are never practice on Wednesdays, when you have your games." Pete nodded.
    A smile slowly spread across my face. "Thanks."
    "I have to take your sweaty ass home anyways." He said, pushing my knee.
    I laughed. "Like you don't smell like this after football."
    "I don't." His eyes went wide and the amount of innocence he pulled across his face made me laugh.
    "Let's get going." He said, standing up. I nodded and helped myself to my feet, ignoring his hand. "You need to rest anyways. Your tryouts are tomorrow." He grinned and jogged off to the car, leaving me glued where I was in a jumble of nerves.
    "You're going to do fine!" He yelled, "Get in the car!"
    Shaking off all of my doubts and worries about tomorrow, I crawled into the car. Pete was inspecting his legs. "Fuck, Tay." He said, where a bruise was already forming. I giggled, imagining how he was going to explain that to Jenna. But we were friends now, and I couldn't say anything degrading about her. No matter how badly I wanted to.
    "By the size of this, varsity for sure." He said, bitterness trailing in his voice.
    My grin stayed on my face the entire ride home.
    Rachh<3
    Rachh<3

Post by Rachh<3 Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:09 pm

love. [:
    IZZY
    IZZY

Post by IZZY Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:34 pm

unicorn <333333
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:08 pm

thank you:)
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:20 pm

miryam and kathy are sexyyy. but morgayne is not sexierrr this upp
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:04 am

chapter five.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead and tightened my ponytail. "First cuts will be posted outside of the gym tomorrow, if you make the cuts, another tryout will follow in the afternoon." Coach Kerr smiled and she dismissed us. I grabbed my bag and stood up, stretching my legs as I did so. I saw Pete and walked towards him quickly, wanting to go home and shower.
    "You kicked ass!" He held his hand up for a high five and I smacked it, smiling.
    "It felt good." I admitted, following him to the car.
    "Looked good." He mumbled, and I wasn't sure if he was talking about my playing, or me, so I let it drop.
    I kicked off my cleats in the car and put them in my bag, and watched Pete pull out of the school parking lot quickly, leaving my everything on the field behind us.
    After my shower, I sat at the Phelps' dining room table and concentrated on my spanish book. I pulled my leg under me and bit on my highlighter cap, concentrating. I was in a sweatshirt, my little boxers, and socks that went half way up to my knee. My hair air-dried behind me, leaving a slight wave to it and I had no makeup on. To be honest, I actually felt pretty. It was me. Not some mascaraed, eyelinered, powdered by product of society. I was just me. "Un billete para Madrid por favor." I practiced under my breath.
    "Hey." I heard and I jumped, knocking my notebook to the floor. I looked up to see Pete trying to contain his laughter, opening the fridge.
    "Hi." I rolled my eyes playfully and picked up my notebook. I went back to studying and looked up a couple moments later to see him still looking at me. "Yes?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.
    He shook his head and looked at the floor, his lips curled in a small smile. I threw him an interrogative look before glancing back at my notebook. "Do you want to practice the conversation together?" He asked.
    We had to have a conversation memorized for spanish tomorrow, and I felt like I knew it, but I wanted to be sure. "Alright." I nodded.
    Ten minutes later, he was sitting next to me, glaring at my notebook. "I swear it's por, not para." He said.
    I laughed. "Don't think too hard, you might hurt yourself." I giggled.
    His mouth fell open and he pushed me softly, laughing.
    "Hey now!" I laughed, pushing him back.
    "Wanna go?" He asked, putting his fists up like a boxer and dancing to a little rhythm.
    I stood up and squared myself at him, "Let's go, right now!" I yelled mockingly. I went to throw a punch, as a joke, and he lowered himself and grabbed me around my middle, tossing me over his shoulder.
    "Pete!" I squealed, "Let me down!"
    He jumped and slammed me onto the couch, pinning me under him. "Peeete." I groaned, his weight crushing me.
    He looked up at me and suddenly, he was an inch away from me. He looked like he wanted to kiss me.
    "Pete. Get off of me." I said, no joking tone in my voice, and he got up quickly.
    I walked to my room, leaving my homework on the table, before the first and only tear escaped.

erika!
    erika!

Post by erika! Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:39 am

I really love this!

Please post more(=
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:57 pm

haha thank you!(:
    IZZY
    IZZY

Post by IZZY Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:16 pm

ahh wonderful:)
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:35 pm

chapter six.

I donned a white, casual, sundress the next morning, because as far as I had heard, I wouldn't be able to wear it for much longer. Winters here it actually snowed and stuff... Winters back home were in like the 60s, not the 30s! My sister curled my hair so that way it was wavy, and I stayed neutral. I was never one to pull off the tons of eyeliner look. I just looked like a baby crackhead. And that didn't seem a very good look to go for, so I avoided that trend. Pete was quiet on the way to school, but I think it was because his first football game was today and he was nervous. He parked the car and sat there, sighing. He was tapping his fingers on his leg, which I noticed he did when he was tense.
    "You're going to kill." I put my hand on his shoulder and squeezed softly, getting out of the car and making my way to my history class early.
    I sat down at my desk and slid my book out and glanced over the section we read last night. Miss Leason was apparently known for little pop quizes and so I always wanted to be ready. I doodled in the margins as I read over the highlighted sentences in my book, refreshing everything from last night.
    "That masterpiece must be for someone special, I'm jealous of the guy." I heard a voice and I looked up quizically, a half smile perched on my face.
    "Excuse me?" I smiled. He was really cute, and not just abstract cute, but like text-book cute. He had blond shaggy hair, blue eyes, a wide smile, and he was tan.
    "Well, I was going to introduce myself to you, but I saw the hearts and I wanted to let you know that the guy those are about is extremely lucky." He smiled again, and he had perfect teeth. Oh my God, how had I not seen him before?
    "There's no other guy." I smiled slightly, my cheeks turning pink.
    "There's no way a girl like you can be single." He raised his eyebrows and leaned against the desk next to me.
    My blush deepened. "Well, it's the truth! I'm Taylor." I extended my hand.
    "Joey." Beautiful boy answered and grasped my hand longer than a usual handshake would take.
    I blushed again and glanced down at my book.
    "How come I've never seen you before?" He asked, sliding into the desk so he could see eye to eye with me.
    "I just transferred actually. I'm from Southern California." I nodded and giggled when his eyes widened.
    "Well then why the hell would you move up here?" He goggled.
    I glanced down at my book again, but so that he couldn't see the embarrassment in my eyes. "We got weasled out of a lot of money from a bum insurance agency, so we moved in with the Phelps." I pursed my lips, making it obvious that I wasn't going to say any more on the topic.
    Joey must have noticed that too. "Isn't it like super nice down there though?"
    "I love Oregon, actually." I smiled.
    "Well, I have to say, I am very glad you transferred." Joey smiled and his eyes glinted.
    I blushed and my phone vibrated on the desk and Joey snatched it up playfully.
    "Give that back!" I reached towards him, laughing.
    "Why? You hiding something?" He raised his eyebrows and held it just out of my reach.
    "No!" I giggled and made a mad swipe and almost got it, but he pulled it back at the last moment.
    "I think that you should have my number, just in case you ever need help." He tossed me a slight wink and scrolled down through my contacts and a minute later, my phone was back in my hands. Pete had sent me a message saying thanks for the encouragement and that I had to watch the game unless I wanted to walk home. I rolled my eyes at the message and tapped back a quick no problem before turning my attention back to Joey.
    "Well, it was nice chatting with you. I'm looking forward to seeing you again." Joey grinned as the bell rang, and he went back and sat down in the very back row, with a tiny wave.
    I bit my lip and looked down at my book, but didn't even concentrate on studying anymore. Suddenly, Pete wasn't the only boy on my mind anymore. He was actually the farthest thing from it, at the moment.

IZZY
    IZZY

Post by IZZY Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:46 pm

oooooooooo joey!

loveit
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:52 pm

haha thank you(:
    erika!
    erika!

Post by erika! Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:54 pm

lovee this!(:

tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:35 pm

thank youuu(:
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:12 pm

chapter seven.

I had just killed my try out. Terminated it into dust. Filling my lungs with one last breath of air, I ducked into the locker room that smelled like grass, ass, and deodorant. I ducked into the steamy shower and rinsed my hair out, letting all of my sweat slide off of my body. I pulled my dress back on and saw that my face was still alright. I grabbed one of the hairdryers that was attached to the wall and blow dried my hair, and when it was almost dry and still damp at the roots, I left. I hoisted my bag over my shoulder and walked into the somewhat filled stadium to watch Pete in his game. We were up 42 to 36 and we were close to another touchdown it looked like. I pulled out my geometry and finished my last five problems quickly, and pulled out my vocabulary to start studying for my test tomorrow. Easily immersed in the world of words, I didn't hear the game end. Or the cleats on the cement. Or anything, for that matter.
    "Stalking me, huh?" I heard and I looked up to see Joey smiling goofily.
    "I'm sorry, who are you?" I smiled slightly.
    "Joey." He raised his eyebrows.
    "I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to talk to strangers." I teased as I slid my book back into my purse and stood up.
    "Well get to know me then." He said, his eyes glinting.
    I paused, just looking at him. My mouth was turned up in the corners, my eyes smiling.
    "Tay, we gotta go!" Pete yelled, his hands cupped over his mouth.
    "I have to go." I said, going down the stairs. "But getting to know you over dinner sounds great!" I called over my shoulder and laughed quietly to myself. I risked a glance over my shoulder and saw him smiling, somewhat dumbstruck.
    "Congrats on the game." I said when I reached Pete.
    "Congrats on your tryout." He appraised me.
    "What do you mean?" I asked, puzzled. He was playing, there was no way he could see me.
    "Shay texted me and told me that you slaughtered." He smiled.
    I blushed as we fell into step, making the way towards his car. "She's making it sound much better than it was."
    "Funny, I didn't get that impression." He said as he clicked the unlock button and we climbed into his car, making our way home.
    "Shit," Pete said 5 minutes later, "I have to ask Jenna to homecoming." Then, remembering I was there and who I was, he said, "Sorry," with a slight frown.
    Ignoring his apology, I asked, "When is homecoming?"
    "Three weeks." Pete said as he swung the car into the driveway.
    I had three weeks to get a date. Three weeks to make myself known at Mcnary. Three weeks to rise to social standards.
    I haven't been more excited about anything since I've arrived.

erika!
    erika!

Post by erika! Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:31 am

oooh nice(:

cant wait for more:D
    Snookers
    Snookers

Post by Snookers Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:08 pm

ditto. (:
    caitlynn<3
    caitlynn<3

Post by caitlynn<3 Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:28 pm

erik wrote:oooh nice(:

cant wait for more:D
    IZZY
    IZZY

Post by IZZY Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:44 pm

aweeeesome:D
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:21 pm

chapter eight.

I walked out of my room, feeling clean and fresh. After I got home from Pete's game I slipped into white soffee shorts and a brown, long sleeved shirt from Hollister. Emma, who loved doing hair and was surprisingly great at it for an 11 year old french-braided it, leaving only my side bangs out. I bounced downstairs where I saw Pete and what looked like the entire rest of the football team behind him. I only recognized Cody, Tim, and Joey out of the 16-20 boys that sat in the living room.
    Pete hopped up from the couch and pulled me aside, talking quietly. "Hey, we're having a big team bonding thing right now. We just need half an hour then you can come back." He glanced at Joey and about 5 other guys, "You seem to be a bit of a distraction."
    I smiled slightly. "Not a problem. I'll just take Molly for a walk. Half an hour, yeah?" I asked, grabbing my iPod off of the counter.
    "Yes, thanks." His face flooded with relief.
    I grabbed Molly's leash and whistled, the dog running and sliding to a stop at my feet. I fastened the collar around her neck and left, leaving Pete to his football sanctuary.
    Just short of an hour later, I brought a happily exhausted Molly back into the house. I grabbed a glass of water and a chicken taco off of the nearly empty platter on the counter. Someone had clearly thought of me and stopped the team of apes from eating all of the food in sight. Pete and the rest of the team came bounding down the stairs as I took my final bite, and sat back in the chair.
    "Finished with your Girl Scout meeting?" I teased, taking a sip of my water.
    "Ha ha, very funny." Pete stuck his tongue out at me and I rolled my eyes. "We're going to watch Rudy in the living room and you're welcome to join." Pete said and the guys moved towards the couches, fighting for a good seat. I nodded and went to sit down against the legs of one of the couches when Carson, my brother, walked into the room.
    "Taytay, I can't sleep." He said sadly. Mom hadn't been feeling good and went to bed at 7:30 and Kennedy was already in bed, watching a movie on her iPod.
    "Alright, come on." I said and I lifted him in the air and placed him on my hip, even though he was already 7. I fixed him a small glass of chocolate milk. Even as he drank it, I could see his eyelids drooping. I placed the dirty glass back into the sink and hoisted him back up, walking to the room he stayed in. I tucked him in and kissed him on the forehead, and massaged his ear until he fell asleep, snoring softly. I shut the door quietly behind me and passed the living room where every guy was wrapped into the movie intently, and walked right out of the sliding glass door. I walked to the middle of the lawn and lay down on the cool grass, feeling each and every vertebrae crack as my body relaxed into the earth. My braid was poking my head irritably so I slid the rubber band off and shook it out, my hair thrown around my head on the grass like a halo. I closed my eyes and started telling God about my day. It was my way of praying. After about 5 minutes I finished and just lay there, gazing at the moon and the stars before my stomach let out a mutinous grumble. I reluctantly got up and walked back inside, sending Pete a quick text. you drive me to yogurtland, i treat you. He pulled out his phone and looked up at me, nodding.
    "Aye, we're going to Yogurtland, everyone in the suburban." Pete announced and the guys enthusiastically piled into the car. I guess anything that had calories was good for football players. Half of the guys were sitting on each other, smashed into the backseat. Cody and Pete sat up front, Pete driving.
    "Just get in." Pete mouthed and I nodded. The only open lap was Joey's. Of course. I sat on him but didn't put all of my weight against him, standing slightly. As Pete pulled out of the driveway though, I slowly leaned into Joey, relaxing. Pete took a sharp turn and everyone shifted and a lot of profanities were shouted, and I almost flew completely out of Joey's lap.
    "Sorry." Pete grinned, catching my eye in the mirror as Joey whispered, "Whoa there," and put his arms around my middle to steady me. My skin tingled where my shirt had moved up and where his arm met. Pete turned up the radio and just as a commercial ended, "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz came on. My mind flashed back to this summer, slow dancing with Pete in his bedroom, forehead to forehead.
    "Change it!" I snapped and a couple of the guys tossed me alarmed glances but Pete quickly obliged. Instead, "Fall For You" by Secondhand Serenade came on. Pete's stare met mine in the mirror and I smiled sadly, and looked out the window. He remembered everything just like I had, and the song currently playing wasn't helping the situation. Suddenly, we pulled into a parking space and I realized that the hours of agony were actually just minutes. I climbed out of the car quickly and strolled inside, placing everything out of my mind. All of the boys grabbed big cups and started filling it with their favorite flavors and toppings. "Drop It Low" came on the radio and I said, "Ohhh this is ma jaaammmm!" In my best black girl voice and Cody started laughing and dancing with me. I was shaking and dropping it low with Cody egging me on, all of the guys laughing and some of them tossing imaginary singles in the air. I cracked up and stopped dancing, hugging CoBond. Pete handed me his cup with a grin, which was filled to the top and as heavy as it could possibly be. I glared at him and paid, grabbing one of the seats before all of the boys snatched them and dug into my icecream.
    "You are quite the little dancer." Joey raised his eyebrows as he sat across from me.
    "Nothing's little about my dance." I winked jokingly.
    "I agree with that!" He laughed and I smiled. Maybe my soccer team wouldn't be the only family I would make.

erika!
    erika!

Post by erika! Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:42 am

Oooh I like
    Post more(=
    Snookers
    Snookers

Post by Snookers Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:15 pm

moremoree(:
    sof,or something
    sof,or something

Post by sof,or something Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:26 pm

Yogurtland is THEEE best.
    I haven't been there in like, three weeks, and I'm in serious withdrawal.
    sof,or something
    sof,or something

Post by sof,or something Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:26 pm

oh, and I love the story! Smile
    tibby
    tibby

Post by tibby Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:28 pm

chapter nine.

On the ride back home, I was on Joey's lap again. He didn't wait for an excuse to be my personal seatbelt again, his arms just snaked around my waist instantly. I turned to the side so that I could somewhat face him and whispered, "If we crash, you better not get me killed."
    He laughed quietly and tightened his arms slightly, saying, "I'll protect you."
    I smiled coyly as Pete said my name urgently. "Yes?" I asked.
    "My mom isn't feeling well either. We're on drop-off duty tomorrow." He said. I narrowed my eyes. There is no way that that was that important to use that tone of voice.
    "Not a problem." I said, resting my hand on Joey's clasped ones around my stomach. Pete pursed his lips and looked away. Cody caught my eye in the side view mirror and smiled, shaking his head. I bit my lip to restrain a laugh and looked out the window to have the car swing up into the driveway quickly. I walked inside the house and flopped down on the couch, stretching out.
    "We're going to finish the last 10 minutes of Rudy." Pete announced, letting me know subtley to get the heck off of the couch.
    "I think I'm going to go outside." I said and checked my phone. It was already 11:45. The one upside to having sick mothers and Pete having a girlfriend was that I didn't have a bedtime. I was allowed to be around whenever. My mom knew that I valued my sleep and would go to bed when I needed to. I texted Sasha, seriously jonesing for her. ily babyy and i miss you so muchh. you wouldn't believe some of this stufff:/ goodnighttt(: Sasha always went to bed at 11, it was like her nightly ritual almost. I missed her so much. We were really close and she was one of those people that never bullshit me, because she cared. I got the truth, no matter how bare and painful it was. And I loved her for that. I grabbed my soccer ball from the side of the yard and started bouncing it around, doing tricks. I was never one for good tricks, like rainbows and such, but the more I had my foot on the ball, the better I figured I'd become. I kicked it up to my head and flicked it to my side, so that it shot at the door that was just opening.
    "Whoa there Beckham." Tim swat the ball at me and I smiled, tapping it between my feet and pulling it into triangles. The rest of the boys followed and I kicked the ball up at Pete, aiming for his head, who caught it and rolled it back against the side of the house. Suddenly my phone vibrated and I smiled, thinking that Sasha replied. I opened the message and it read, hey beautiful but it wasn't from Sasha. It was from Joey. I looked up at him quizzically and he smiled slightly. I typed back quickly, not quite but thanks(: and tossed my phone on the ground, lying down.
    "I love looking at the stars." I said out loud, not directing the thought towards anyone.
    "There's Venus." A boy I knew they called Mark pointed and I smiled.
    "The Goddess of Love." I said wistfully.
    "You know mythology?" Another boy asked.
    "I'm sorry, who are you? And yeah, I absolutely love it." I said, and a couple more guys joined me on the ground.
    "Reed." The boy answered.
    "Pleasure." I said and squinted my eyes, raising my thumb to cover the moon.
    "Hot damn, you are one of the chillest chicks I've ever met." Another boy said and I sat up to look at him.
    "What makes you say that?" I laughed.
    "You have not once complained about your hair, your nails, or your needy-ass boyfriend!" He chortled.
    "She doesn't have a boyfriend, Tommy." Pete cut in.
    I cut him an icy look. "I don't want one. They're overrated."
    "Shit! Can I have her?" Tommy laughed throatily, a big black kid.
    "No." Pete and Joey said synonymously and glanced at each other, taken aback.
    "I'm going to go get some water." I nodded and stood up quickly, shutting myself into the house. I downed the entire glass in a matter of seconds and instantly wished it was alcohol. I rolled my eyes, set the cup in the sink, and walked out of the side door instead of the back door. I crept along the side of the house quietly, and suddenly I could hear their voices as if someone had turned off "mute" on a TV.
    "Pete, how can you live with the girl and not get with her?" A voice I didn't recognize asked.
    "Seriously. She's got fine written all over her!" Tommy added.
    "It's not like that, I'm with Jenna now." Pete said casually.
    "I wouldn't stay with Jenna when Taylor's around." Reed laughed and another guy, "Yeah!"ed in the background.
    "They just don't compare, okay?" Pete said firmly.
    Not wanting to listen any more, I stepped out from the shadows. "You're damn right we don't compare." I glared at a flustered Pete, to many boys' laughter. I was really wanting a shot of vodka right now. Don't get me wrong, I definitely do not drink hardly at all. It's just something to lose your mind in. So was soccer, but that wasn't exactly an option in a crowded backyard at midnight.
    "I didn't mean that." Pete said, trying to save face.
    "Save that for Jenna, honey." I smirked and sat down, leaning back on my hands and crossing my ankles.
    "Ohhhh daaayummmm." Tommy laughed and I winked at him.
    "Aren't you a little tired?" Pete said, gritting his teeth.
    "Not really." I grinned. What I really wanted to add was, 'I could really use a pick me up right now, if you catch my drift.' but Pete didn't seem like the drinking type and I didn't want to be ostracized or even worse, babysat. So I kept my mouth shut. Joey smiled at me appraisingly. Damn, he was cute. My phone vibrated again. don't let what pete said bother you. you don't compare to anyone Joey sent. I smiled and stood up.
    "Well, have fun bonding as a team!" I said, getting up.
    Cody stood up and gave me a hug goodnight, which made Pete and Tim stand up for one, resulting in the rest of the team wanting one too. I saved Joey for last, who brushed his lips on my cheek, and I walked inside happily. I crawled into bed, despite not being very tired, and fell asleep instantly.

erika!
    erika!

Post by erika! Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:28 am

Ooh lovee thisss so much(=

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:40 am